Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Snap-On roll away tool box full of tools .

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
I ride a pushbike so I see a lot of stuff on the road. Most valuable was a machine part worth 2 grand. I tried hard to give it back, in the end, I just threw it in the recycling bin. I spose I should have sold it on ebay. Ive found plenty of wallets, credit cards, ID cards, most I conclude were stolen, rifled through and thrown from cars. Down here 10k either side of a town is where things get lost from cars. Lots falls off roofs after this distance, purses, more wallets, anything that was left on the roof it seems. I once chased a lady who had her purse on her roof as she was driving from a car park, she thought I was trying to attack her lol.

Most common items not trash are U bolts, lead weights from tyres (great for fishermen) I see a hundred of them a day. Padlocks without keys are common. Then theres the gumboots, jackets and work bags that have fallen from utes. I find a lot of screw drivers and small spanners too, most likely from roofs as well. The odd phone from same place and plenty of work docket books. Tradies always leave things on roofs of cars, to lose the docket book is not fun for the people in the office I have found lol.

ZI rode around Austria for a month, I can honestly say the only piece of roadside rubbish I found was a full 1/2 litre beer can that went down a treat. Cleanest country Ive ever been to Austria, just a beautiful place. Didnt even see a train ticket on the ground.

Oh I have found a few wallets in gutters, I conclude fallen from passengers getting out of the car.

greg23

May 16, 2008
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
found a pipefitters toolbox full of tools and a large spool of red electrical wire,and a $100 pull ticket ;D

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I used to walk along country roads picking up aluminum cans to recycle for extra money. One time I found two x-rated VHS movies lying by the road in some weeds. They must not have been there very long because they still looked fairly new. ( No, I did not keep them ! ) Another time I found a $20.00 bill while looking for cans in a nightclub parking lot.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Hammer AA !!!

indexddd.jpg

Was Splatterd all over the Road
Me & A Buddy had to take time out
on our way to hunt, to run all over the road
between High speed Traffic to pick most up.

I Had to go back a few more times to get the rest

Attachments

• indexddd.jpg
    indexddd.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,272

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I looked down while pumping gas once and had a twenty dollar bill blow right into my foot once. I was low on cash and nobody else was around. I find tools all the time,lumber,foam insulation sheets, buckets,gas cans,tires,tupperware, I call it gifts from god .

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I once found a case of AM/FM Stereo Boom Boxes. It must have fallen off a tractor trailer.

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
my landlord was driving down the road and a $5 bill got stuck to her windshield.she stopped to get it and noticed there were bills blowing all over the place.i dont remember the actual amount.but i know it was around $200.it was near a store...so i assume some one missed there pocket

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Someones cell phone. I called a number listed as 'MOM' and explained who I was and why I called. MOM worked a few blocks from where I found the phone and I drove over and returned it to her. It belonged to her daughter. How it ended up in the road is anyones guess. Probalby left it on top of the car and it fell off where I found it, but I am guessing.

I would rather have found the hammer or the nice socket set.

Seems I am always returning things to folks. :tongue3:

Ray S

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was driving down a service road by a shopping center. Kathy was in the backseat and Jon in the front when I spotted a green bill blowing across the street and stuck on a weed. It was windy out and snow on the ground.

I look in the rear view mirror and no one was behind me so I stopped, put it in park and got out. Jon gets out so I ran and grabbed the money and Jon tackles me at the same time. It was a $1.00 bill. Kathy said she was wondering why we got out and was running away from the car. She thought there was a bomb or the car was on fire.
roger

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
greg23 said:
found a pipefitters toolbox full of tools and a large spool of red electrical wire,and a $100 pull ticket ;D
That's funny - I found exactly that in the ditch one time (tools and copper elbows and small fittings, in a toolbox). ffd

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread