Status
Not open for further replies.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ben, sorry your offended, but so be it. We are all a product of our environment and upbringing. And I'm not satisfied in the least with this new healthcare.....I already have been quoted the difference in the affordable care, and it goes from 895/month to 1245/month, and being self-employed.....I am the only one that writes that check! Hope all you others are happy, I'm very upset, I'm trying to retire in Feb. 2014, I'm tired and worn out, but because of this current political environment, chances are I will be working another ten years just to support affordable healthcare. Want more figures......Vt. passed single payer , and the bill for the residents of this state will be 1.6 Trillon $, that's in excess of all the taxes collected in this state, with the exclusion of the property tax, and the whole program starts in Jan. and in unfunded......please all you people who want to move here for the quality of life, come on in, just bring lots of cash....you'll need it!

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree allowing the insurance industry to set the pay rate on a government issued health care plan is ludicrous.

there has to be a median between dying of something curable, and creating another AIG conglomerate.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this ridiculous sign (put out by the USDA) on the bulletin board in the employee break room at a major department store I was doing work in last week-
USDA-poster-479x620.jpg

The USDA is openly touting the alleged economic benefits of the food stamp program as something that is helping to boost the economy. I mean really, are you friggin kidding me? http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/files/SNAP_Quick_Facts_0.pdf
So, what was once considered a temporary aid for Americans who had fallen on hard times, is now considered normal. This is a national disgrace. I have no problem helping those in need but this goes far above and beyond that scenario.
In 2012, 86.5 billion dollars was allotted to the SNAP program (supplemental nutrition assistance program aka food stamps). Under the Obama Administration, food stamp usage has grown nearly 50 percent – from 31 million people in 2008 to 47.7 million people as of February 2013. To put that number in perspective, the number of Americans on food stamps now exceeds the entire population of Canada. This is unacceptable.

Health insurance is a whole other animal. All I can say is I'm glad to have my good health and if/when I ever lose that, i'll be up sh*ts creek without a paddle. Being self employed means being uninsured in my case. That is unless I don't want to eat. Wait a minute, maybe I can afford health insurance if I get on food stamps? Nah, I'd only get a couple hundred a month in stamps probably. That won't come close to paying for my premium, who am I kidding. Oh well...

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in helping my fellow man, but I saw a woman use food stamps and I felt sorry for her in my heart. Then I noticed 5 kids now I became even more angry and hurt. As timing would have it I followed her outside and we were parked close by each other. I wanted to help her load the groceries....... Then I saw the damn HUMMER she was driving..........I can't afford a Hummer I mean come on

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2gf.

Now you realize what the majority of people seem to overlook. In no way am I against help for he truly needy, and have given away my services and labor to those that needed the help, and most of all appreciated it. But you can only do so much, and the working man is not a money pit to keep calling on! You'll find that there are those that will feel entitled for their whole life, and other's that will defend them. To paraphrase a quote from Hawkeye in The Last of The Mohicans....." I don't hold myself subject to much of any thing.....You can do what you want with your scalp, don't be telling me what to do with mine" 'nough said....Gary

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in helping my fellow man, but I saw a woman use food stamps and I felt sorry for her in my heart. Then I noticed 5 kids now I became even more angry and hurt. As timing would have it I followed her outside and we were parked close by each other. I wanted to help her load the groceries....... Then I saw the damn HUMMER she was driving..........I can't afford a Hummer I mean come on

TGF, I see that almost daily since the wife is forever asking me "on the way home would you stop at the store and pick up.............."

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roger that gang

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was the first time I witnessed anything like that. I felt sorry for her and the kids until I saw the vehicle. I don't understand it. Now you see it too so what I saw obviously wasn't an isolated incident. Maybe they should sell those Hummers, Mercedes and then feed their families

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I am going to start publicly embarrassing people from now on then. There are people that need help that can't get it and then there are people like these we are talking about. Not on my watch!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I am going to start publicly embarrassing people from now on then. There are people that need help that can't get it and then there are people like these we are talking about. Not on my watch!!!

I agree, I have nothing against the people that truly need it, its the ones abusing it I am tired of.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen and heard things........ oh lordy!
One of the best was up in N. Car. many yrs back. I had 3 hospitals up there, dealt with social services often. Two of them went on "welfare check" at homes, all the recipients lived on the same block. After about the 3rd house, they started noticing the kids all had the same clothes on. They were ALL THE SAME KIDS! LOL!
As the caseworkers would walk out the front door to go to the next house, they would shuffle the kids out the back door, down to the next house, to be "counted".
I have relatives in Ms are 3rd, 4th, and probably 5th generation welfare recipients. I can't make enough money, for the speed they breed!

There is something wrong when you can afford designer shoes and handbags, mani/Pedi's, weaves, Lexus, Hummers, gold teeth, and dripping with more gold, than I got stashed........ you certainly don't need my tax dollars.
Sorry, I have different priorities for my dollars!
Some ppl can just bring ones' care meter down........ sorry for that.

I don't think I could be so bold as to try and call someone out, in a grocery line. One might not ever know a hidden disability, that does not show. But, yeah, show me financials, true financials........ I have had to recco ppl go file bankruptcy, due to med bills, as well as get their houses refinanced (at a lower rate), cause they were preyed upon by unscrupulous lenders. Man, it's a jungle out there, and everyone is scratching and clawing for whatever they can get! It may not get better.
Heads up!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

I strongly disagree with this sentiment.

IMO, it is a serious flaw of many conservatives they they feel the need to judge others.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I strongly disagree with this sentiment.

IMO, it is a serious flaw of many conservatives they they feel the need to judge others.

I shaded it red so that you could see who is judging on THIS site.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I shaded it red so that you could see who is judging on THIS site.

Oh Im sorry Dave, did my use of the "c" word strike a nerve with you?

Forgive me for labeling conservatives. Because, you know, around here liberals never receive labels of any kind... Give me a break.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally care less about the labels, I am simply pointing out hypocrisy when it occurs.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I personally care less about the labels, I am simply pointing out hypocrisy when it occurs.

Yet you are silent on the countless other cases of hypocrisy that I see regularly in these parts...

Dave, have I once seen you stand up for a liberal issue? I dont recall.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dc1969.....you're WAY off base with the lighter shade comment. Yes, I'm sure it's true with some but not the numbers you speak of. I didn't vote for him the first time around but, after he won, I thought, ok, give him a chance and let's see how he'll do. I did NOT put a sheet over my head and go on some rampage. Then I saw him turn into Santa for the non-productive scum of this country. Sure, we had abused welfare and even "emergency" phone lines for the poor but not at the scale we do now. As I've stated in the past, this is welfare abuse on steroids and, more and more, the recipients think it's owed to them. EVERYONE on here agrees that the truly needy, THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN, need AND deserve some help. Even Ed Asner (super lib actor) said Hollywood doesn't want to say anything bad about Obama because they would appear to be anti-black. Even the white people play the race card FOR him, he doesn't have to do it himself. I think Holder and Rice are worthless as well, not because they're black, because I consider them worthless. I also consider ol' Hillary, Feinstein, Pelosi and Lois Lerner worthless, not because they are women but because I consider them worthless. Kerry is worthless as well and I think he's a white male.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really..show proof president Obama is a muslim...one actual fact...simple.

one fact from an unbiased source...not some hate mongers blog..

{ I already know how this will turn out.}

Proving this is like proving he went to Columbia or born on some island. Even if it could be proven you wouldn't believe it anyway So why bother. No one really hates this guy it's most of us don't believe in Strupidy.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have chosen not to argue with an idiot, they will drag you down and beat you with experience....!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions