✅ SOLVED Watch winder? Clock key?

Hoosier Digger

Jul 12, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure what I've found here. It may be absolutely nothing. I was detecting an athletic field behind a now defunct, local Catholic elementary school. The school probably goes back to the 1960's, and I'm not sure what was there prior to that. It may have been part of church property. The field is a football field which has also been used for track events and a yearly festival with rides and games. Other than an older looking suspender clip (pictured below for reference) and one wheat penny, I haven't really pulled out old objects. I've never seen a watch winder/key in person, so I'm not sure if this is even the right size. It is metal, but I can't tell you what type of metal. It is fairly light weight, so it doesn't seem as sturdy as I would think a watch or clock key should be. I have a modern grandfather clock with has a decorative looking key-like piece that locks the front window over the pendulum compartment. It is similar in size to this, but I believe the piece on my clock is plastic. So I don't know if this is an older clock or watch part, or just some modern piece of junk broken off of something. The stem is hollow to a point, then the rest of the stem is solid. It looks like it was plated and there is lots of corrosion which has knocked that off. As always, any comments would be greatly appreciated. Suspender clip.jpg

Attachments

• End view.jpg
    End view.jpg
    916.6 KB · Views: 83
  • Reverse.jpg
    Reverse.jpg
    724.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Watch winder dark.jpg
    Watch winder dark.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Watch winder.jpg
    Watch winder.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 89
OP
OP
H

Hoosier Digger

Jul 12, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have a key to a pair of sexy handcuffs? That was not even on my radar list.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have a key to a pair of sexy handcuffs? That was not even on my radar list.
Kinda makes you wonder what was going on at that Catholic school, eh? :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions