mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sitting here today reading everyones posts and I turn on the TV and watching the Gold Fever show. I was thinking it sure would be nice to have a show like that or about going to different places and MDing. Get pay to do the things we love to do. Maybe I should see about contacting the outdoor channel and see if we could get sponsor and make a show. Just think about it, getting pay to travel around the world and looking for relics, coins, gold, and silver. I guess I will sleep on it and maybe it will come to me on how to do this. Wish me luck....Matt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing this would turn play into work, something I try not to do.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Matt, there are already two shows on treasure hunting on tv now. Both done by females. It's not all medal detecting tho.

HH

S

seger98

Before you do that, just think of all the people out there that would be buying metal detectors and hunting all over the places YOU want to go :icon_scratch:

M

michigan michael

seger98 said:
Before you do that, just think of all the people out there that would be buying metal detectors and hunting all over the places YOU want to go :icon_scratch:
This is true! I seen a Treasure special on discovery channel one time and I knew at that moment that I wanted to go detecting. Maybe we need a show on the Travel channel though, revealing hot spots over seas! That could be fun.

Thanks,
MM

gopher7031

Jan 26, 2009
Re: metal detecting Show

here in south carolina the local pbs station carries a show called treasure hunter which is exactly what you are describing but only covers the state of south carolina as far as sites go...... ya might check with your local pbs station to see if they have one already or maybe they will help ya get one started

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
that show would be good if it were about gold prospecting....too much cave exploring, pot luck dinners, 4 wheelin, and a bunch of garbley goo that has nothing to do with prospecting, the show the same gpaa commercials about 20 times in 1 hour.....the theme song gets on my nerves too.... :tongue3:

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350
price of detectors will skyrocket every where will be hunted out there will be holes every where and alot of unwanted peole will mess it up for all of us that love what we do

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread