IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME FOR 1 YEAR?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
TheHarleyMan2 said:
Answer these 3 questions when posting your responses please!

Where would you go and what year would it be?

Who would you plan to see and talk to?

What would you do during your 1 year stay?

No fair, limit it to detecting.

Then it's a lot easier. Go to 1905, see a dentist, get x-rays, and have a doctor operate on my herniated and bulging disks. Pain can be so exquisitely rewarding.

Go to the Alamo and tell 'em to take a powder for the time being. Go to Pearl Harbor and tell them to get up and going a little sooner tomorrow morning. Go to Dealy Plaza and tell the cops I heard about this crazy guy in the book building. All time-critical of course. Pretty much gonna have a good year in the past after saving the folks at the Alamo, Pearl Harbor or Kennedy I think.

Or spend a year, maybe 1957, where I might not look too out of place or be able to explain my presence in some acceptable way, and go detecting, make sure to bring along lots of batteries and travel from Florida to Rich Hill to Central Park and have a good time. Might hit up Marilyn Monroe for a weekender while there.

gametalman52

Jul 27, 2007
Northeast Georgia
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT, Goldbug
To St. Petersburg, Fl year 2000. Would stay with my daughter of 27 years for however long it took and keep her from dying from a drug overdose. Sorry this is not a happy post, but it was the first thing I thought of when I read the post.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
gametalman52 said:
To St. Petersburg, Fl year 2000. Would stay with my daughter of 27 years for however long it took and keep her from dying from a drug overdose. Sorry this is not a happy post, but it was the first thing I thought of when I read the post.
I don't know how any of us could see that as an unhappy thing if possible. Thanks you for keeping things in perspective and I know we all would see your loss avoided if we could.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would just go back into time somewhere around the 1900's
I would love to go back and see my grand parents and parents
I would buy as much gold and gold coins that I could bury them on our property so when
I came back to this year I could dig up the coins and become a rich man so I would not have
any worries and I could take care of myselve and kids.

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.

Oh, I would stay right here where I am already at, just in 1935.

I live on the old family land, so my great-grandparents would be here at that time. I would see and talk to them. My grandfather would be 15 at the time. All of my great-great uncles, aunts, and distant cousins.

Probably work on my great-grandfather's farm. On my off-time, leave small treasures here and there for me to find in the future. Enjoy real small-town life in Depression-era Louisiana. Maybe go to Baton Rouge and see Huey Long give a speech or two (before September).

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anywhere Jesse James rode in 1865

Jesse and Frank James, ride with his gang and help bury the gold cache.

Memorize all their buried gold cache locations so when I got back I would retrieve ALL of them!

S

seger98

Where would I go
1850's

Who would I see
Jeremiah Johnson

What would I do
trap a 1000 beavers!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
TheHarleyMan2 said:

Memorize all their buried gold cache locations so when I got back I would retrieve ALL of them!

Okay, we know when we're beat. But you had that planned....

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Any day of any year where the mega millions pot was big and juicy.

No one, maybe the lotto agent. A quick hello and a thank you for the ticket.

Bury the cash so it's secure upon my return and kill the rest of the time metal detecting.

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lowbatts said:
TheHarleyMan2 said:

Okay, we know when we're beat. But you had that planned....

Actually I didn't, I posted the thread and sat and thought about what time, what I would do and who I would meet and pondered on it for a quite few hours. I thought about treasure, famous people, and places then Jesse James came to mind!

But hey, people could vote to be with the Spaniards when the buried the gold in Victorio Peak, or rode with Ben Sublet, there are MANY people in many times that found and buried gold and treasures. I am sure there are MANY people who have thought about other enormous treasures they could go back in time remember where it was buried and come back in this time a retrieve it.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Okay then, Jupiter beach with dive gear, pre-1960. There were bikinis then, right?

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
lol were there? I dunno! Too funny! I have pondered this and pondered it and I am still having a hard time deciding...there are sooo many possiblities!

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I'd go back to 1909 and work for minimum wages in my current location and invest my money in rolls of 1908-s indians, 1909-s indians and 1909s-vdb cents; 1885 nickels; twenty cent pieces; key date barbers and morgans especially the 1895 and hide them carefully and deeply on my current property. If anything left over maybe buy some stocks and put them in trust for myself. Maybe make a little extra off bets by going back with all of the major horse races and boxing results memorized or in a book so that I could double my money on each bet. Work a deal with the local bookie to let him have my copy of sports records as long as he put aside my share until I came calling for it. He'd never make a bad bet without laying it off so we should do good. I'd be careful not to do anything that would keep me from being born. If you stop the Titanic from sailing; stop Kennedy from being assasinated; stop anything where lots of people die you would be changing history. How do you know that your great-grandma would have married your great- grandpa if some young hunk from the Titanic was available? Make sure that your bets or investments don't change history too. For a major sporting event the amount of bets will not change if you bet the winner. For a presidential election the betting will not change based on what you do. siegfried schlagrule

OP
OP
TheHarleyMan2

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Siegfried, Just about every bookie back in them days worked for the mobs didn't they? They would be wondering why you are winning so much and them not wanting to part with SO MUCH money you won! ;D ;D

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow....if only, huh? The options are boundless.

Me, I think I'd go back to the 1700's and live amongst the colonials and learn their every day life. I'd watch the battles with the indians, see what treasures people really carried around, where the most activities actually was, not where we presumed them to be 200 years later.

All those woods around me, the history of the colonials, I can't help in this time to look into the woods and see a flat area and wonder to myself if maybe at one time, 200 years ago, a house sat there maybe. This area is rich in colonial history. I wouldn't need to go anywhere but my own back yard.

I would want to learn the nomatic life of some of the adventurers, Daniel Boone, Davy Crockett...maybe see the truth to where some gold was hidden in fear of Indian attack.

When I go into the woods to detect, I allow myself the opportunity to sit back, look around and picture someone doing something and that's how I tackle an area for relics...a good imagination of how it might have been.

To actually confirm my imagination, actually living there 200 years ago....that would be awesome.

Al

grumpy968

Greenie
Jan 18, 2008
Ohio
There are lots of options on this one, good topic. But to keep from disrupting history too much, I would just go back to when Yahoo was a penny stock, and load up.

Earl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread