Water again today

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I am getting more comfortable with getting in the water now and I think I am going to try the Gulf next. When I got to where I was going this morning another hunter I've met before was there and jokingly called to me, "You're late"! He was right I was later than usual. He told me that he had pretty much hunted out the area and even told me he got a spill of about 8 dimes by a tree. I told him that was ok because I was going in the water. He does not go in the water. We talked for a little while and then I was ready to go in. I hunted for about an hour and a half in the water and only found 2 quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickel and 3 pennies. Not much but what the hey - I'll take it. I also found a pair of small goggles floating in the water and a head band of some sort that I took out with me and threw away. This water is very nice and clear and I think people should take care of it before it becomes polluted. Anyway off my soapbox.... then I decided to go up on the sand and hunt for a while so I would dry off some. So the guy told me he hunted the area really well... you never know. So up and down I went. I even went over by the tree where he had gotten his dime spill. I found a nickel and a couple of pennies there. I carried on going up and down and got a real good hit. I started digging. Scoop after scoop after scoop. I just could not find that darn thing - whatever it was. I kept looking and FINALLY I got it! It turned out to be a very small lock of some kind. I was just about dry and about ready to go home but I thought well - just a couple more runs up and down. I just hate to go home when I'm having a good time. I went over by the picnic tables. I knew he had been there because I saw his footprints. About 3 feet from one of the tables I got a hit! BINGO! A ring! Not a good ring and the tiny minuscule stone is missing. In fact if you look real close you can see that the stone was not even set in the center! It is just some cheap kids ring but..... a ring is a ring is a ring! I ended up with $1.02 in clad, a lock, and a ring. It was a good day. I'll take it. :wink:

junknmoney051208.jpg

Front and back of the small lock.

lock051208.jpg

My ring for today.

Ring051208.jpg

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Looks like a good day to me! I love the lock you found! Too cool! Glad you got out and had some fun! ~hugs~

scrooge

May 3, 2008
Treasure Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Dual Field,Whites PI Pro,Whites SurfMaster II- Tesoro Silver Saber uMAX-Garrett Infinium LS
Awesome finds . I can't wait to get in the water. Scrooge

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great Job WTG On the Ring :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Guzz1

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumzie,
I think your doing fantastic, it takes guts to get in the water.. and so far you have always found something.. just you wait... you will find a killer of a ring..I just know it.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cavedweller

May 6, 2008
I like it - It;s a nice ring Mumzie - sound's like your being really thorough with your search and not listening to people when they say a site is searched out - Cavedweller

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Well common sense would tell you that a person with a small 8-10" coil could not possible cover the WHOLE beach. They could be very smart and know the good places to look but they will NEVER get it all. I am not greedy. As long as I'm finding something I am usually happy. Of course I would be a whole lot happier if I found one of those whopping big rings or a great necklace or a rolex watch but... until I do... I'm happy. :wink:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good just getting out and having fun. Unless the other hunter is using a huge DD coil and overlaping his sweeps, he'll miss something. You never know till you get your coil over it. Beats watching a red & white bobber sitting still on the surface of some lake. Not that I'm knocking fishing, I used to waste time doing that too.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Got a question for you Sandman. I can't seem to keep the coil in the position I want it to stay. I've tighened up the nut but it will still work it way back out of positon. Is there a way I can keep it steady? Also two questions not one - I read somewhere that someone painted their coil so it would be more visible and I was thinking that yellow would be a good color that could be seen clearly but what kind of paint should I use? ::)

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm not sandman but I don't think he will mind get yourself one of these. I got mine at Kellyco

Picture183.jpg

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mumszie,
That's not a lock. It called a fusible link. That one is used in a fire suppression system that is installed in a commercial kitchen hood.

http://globetechnologies.thomasnet....05?&plpver=10&origin=keyword&by=prod&filter=0

They are normally changed every 6 months. You will notice it says 360F, it's actually 2 pieces that are soldered together and will separate when the hood reaches 360 degrees. The 03 is the year it was manufactured. This will then activate the suppression system. I know more than you wanted to know, but I've been selling and installing these systems for over 20 years.

Good Luck and HH
Baddog

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
You're wrong baddog. It is not more than I wanted to know. I am always willing to learn and you gave me great info. Thanks very much. :thumbsup:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Nice finds mumszie, congrats on the ring. Keep up the way you are and a big honking ring will come your way :thumbsup:

Glenn

Ocean Oso

Mar 6, 2008
Galveston Island
BADDOG said:
Mumszie,
That's not a lock. It called a fusible link. That one is used in a fire suppression system that is installed in a commercial kitchen hood.

http://globetechnologies.thomasnet....05?&plpver=10&origin=keyword&by=prod&filter=0

They are normally changed every 6 months. You will notice it says 360F, it's actually 2 pieces that are soldered together and will separate when the hood reaches 360 degrees. The 03 is the year it was manufactured. This will then activate the suppression system. I know more than you wanted to know, but I've been selling and installing these systems for over 20 years.

Good Luck and HH
Baddog

That'll be $90 for the change out and inspection. UL 300 was another grand.

MangoKnees

Nov 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm l l
Mumszie,

I couldn't figure out where I saw that fusible link, I knew I saw one somewhere so now I remember. I have one of those on my snackbar hood.
Thanks Baddog.....

Glad you had a good day Mumszie

Keep Posting
Mango

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions