Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jim I did fine with wet beach ,it was to rocky were I went but I managed coffee money . I'm going to my regular beach this weekend I'll post how I do.
Oh yea the video did help I didn't think to use the puck off my ws 4 headset ,thanks again

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us know how you do....I actually have a swimming area and a huge day use area but have yet to do the water thing...Maybe after all the folks leave the river after the 4th.

Jim

mission101

Oct 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467078069.732244.jpg I would welcome any freshwater underwater programs as well especially tuned for gold jewelry. When I went underwater the signal was weak unless I connected to the arm band which stayed above water most of the time. I definitely lost some depth and had a difficult time picking up some signals such as the ring which rang up at 75 and was faint. I was running the wet beach program 8 with large coil v 3.2. It falsed when I bumped the bottom but it seemed like I had to drag it at times to get any signals most of which were at or 3 inches. I pulled dimes that where buried for a while so the machine is fine. Dry sand the machine is incredible it finds coins my pulse missed.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are running in fresh water I would not recommend wet beach unless you have a lot of black sand as its primarily designed for salt water saturated sand and black sand (i.e. set GB to manual or tracking and turn GB beach mode off). If you just want to run a stock program, start with Deus Fast and adjust/tweak parameters such as sens, reactivity, and silencer from those defaults. Small gold seems to respond better to higher opwrating frequencies 12 or 18 khz, but try them all to see what is working. Don't be afraid to put some test targets in the shallows to see what is working best. Dunno if you have the water antenna hooked up, that is probably a must for anything more than six inches of water depth. HH

Kilohertz

Feb 20, 2014
Has anyone had any issues with the water kit? Thinking about getting one for detecting in fresh water with the deus. Should i be concerned about corrosion on the coil charge connection points?

Last edited:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fresh water should not enhance battery charge terminal contact corrosion.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions