Waterproof Socks?

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like what I am looking for... But WOW! $46.00...

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New boots at Atwoods only about $15.00.You could just put some heavy plastic bags over your feet I use to do this when I had a cast and just had to get in the creek.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I have got the longest use out of my cheap rubber tractor supply boots. I have gone through 6 pairs of waders, but still using the cheap rubbet boots from tractor supply in that same time frame. I just wish they were higher so I could use them in deeper water then 8 inches or so.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SealSkinz are really great...we used to get them issued to us when I was still active. Miss getting free gear......lol

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could just wear wool or ski socks since they stay warm even when wet...that's what I do cause I'm such a cheap sob.

Also you can reseal your boots or waders with the liquid plastic they sell at the HW store for use coating tool handles. I use the spray on variety and put a couple layers on any cracks in my waders, works great.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i belive Gore-Tex makes them.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear knee high gum boots and when they get wet, they get wet. I pour out the water and keep on digging. As long as there are no rocks in there I'm fine with the water. I always bring dry shoes to hike out in.:goldpan:

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the tips and trick all, very much appreciated.

I think I might actually get stocking foot waders and wear work boots.... We shall see what the wallets say...

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I broke down and spent a little more than I wanted to, but not bad. Got some Cabelas Stockingfoot Hip Waders. I can wear my own boots and hopefully the waders will last a while and keep my foot warm and dry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread