Waterproof Socks?

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My rubber boots took a beating this weekend and are now leaking....

In the Summer, I just wear sneakers into the river. Its more comfortable and durable, but its cold right now!

Are there waterproof socks that are thin enough to wear in sneakers and can (somewhat) keep the water out?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like what I am looking for... But WOW! $46.00...

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New boots at Atwoods only about $15.00.You could just put some heavy plastic bags over your feet I use to do this when I had a cast and just had to get in the creek.

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
I have got the longest use out of my cheap rubber tractor supply boots. I have gone through 6 pairs of waders, but still using the cheap rubbet boots from tractor supply in that same time frame. I just wish they were higher so I could use them in deeper water then 8 inches or so.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SealSkinz are really great...we used to get them issued to us when I was still active. Miss getting free gear......lol

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could just wear wool or ski socks since they stay warm even when wet...that's what I do cause I'm such a cheap sob.

Also you can reseal your boots or waders with the liquid plastic they sell at the HW store for use coating tool handles. I use the spray on variety and put a couple layers on any cracks in my waders, works great.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i belive Gore-Tex makes them.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear knee high gum boots and when they get wet, they get wet. I pour out the water and keep on digging. As long as there are no rocks in there I'm fine with the water. I always bring dry shoes to hike out in.:goldpan:

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the tips and trick all, very much appreciated.

I think I might actually get stocking foot waders and wear work boots.... We shall see what the wallets say...

OP
OP
J

Joel1316

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I broke down and spent a little more than I wanted to, but not bad. Got some Cabelas Stockingfoot Hip Waders. I can wear my own boots and hopefully the waders will last a while and keep my foot warm and dry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread