We are back from this months extended road trip and we found

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Quite the mix bag of goodies, Started off thursday evening with Bobbie finding the 14k wedding band and I found the 10k white and yellow Horse pendent not much clad less than 4.00 between us but we were off and running, Friday detected couple of spots in between driving and shopping, first spot had brand new mulch but it produced the pretty 10k/peridot ring, Bobbie foud her Sac dollar there on her first signal, The other spot we detected produced some clad and costume jewelry. First school we detected Saturday morning, Bobbie found small silver cross and a reading award identical to one she had just found the night before. I found 2 of my 3 foreign coins there one is espana 20 euro, other german coin. We then spent a couple of hours checking spots that I had planned for us to detect but unfortunately, they were all fenced in with no way to get in.
Because this was a longer road trip than usual , I had also plotted another counties schools including 5 that we had never been to before, so off we went. First place in this county produced some clad and I found my 3rd foreign coin of the day , the asian one Bobbie found the toll token from New Hampshire . Next school Bobbie found the pretty silver ring with turqouise, I found the heavy bling silver cross, next spot we found the skunk. By now we were getting tired we drove aound checking a couple of spots and hunted one more we both found some glad and each of us found a silver earring.
We hit 5 more spots by 2:00 this afternoon and then we started heading home. First site gave bobbie her 2nd gold ring of the trip 10k heart ring with diamond chip. Second spot I found the 14k white gold bracelet and silver pacifier pendent, 3rd spot we found another skunk. Quick bite of lunch and it was getting hot out. Bobbie said she was up for 2 more schools. First one after lunch she found the heavy silver band, at the last spot we found some clad and not much else.
Getting back home and cleaning up, Our combined totals was 37.00 in clad, 5 pieces of gold jewelry, 7 pieces of silver jewelry, foreign coins from 4 different countries, some other knickknacks and oh yea and tons and tons of trash. So much I had to empty my pouch out last night at hotel.
So yea we had a great trip , cant wait to see what next monthes weekend
brings
hh
dave+bobbie

Attachments

• DSCF1639.JPG
    DSCF1639.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 543
  • DSCF1651.JPG
    DSCF1651.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 540
  • DSCF1656.JPG
    DSCF1656.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 530
  • DSCF1654.JPG
    DSCF1654.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 522
Upvote 0

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super special stuff,love the baby soother pendant too :D
HH ;D

OP
OP
dave-enc

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Thanks all, it was a great time for the both of us. w6pea I understand about the schools being fenced in. We are lucky around here ,as most of the school yards are still open to some degree. Some in the more high crime areas are locked in , but good number arent. It was surprising that the one countie's schools all seemed to be locked in. Whenever we are planning these trips to areas that we have never been to before I try to link them with nearby areas that I know we can detect in. For example The original site list covered six counties, that were actually some distance apart. As it broke down we only detected in 4 of the 6 counties.
The one park we detected was actually a bonus site as I found it on the cities web page. however while we were there we checked on 2 more parks for future hunts since they already had people in the area. This area also had several older grass lined streets that we marked for future exploration
We will probabaly repeat this cycle in the fall at some point once it cools off again
hh
dave+bobbie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread