Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I have never used anything but tesoro since 2015 when I bought my vaquero. I love it and since have bought a new compadre with 8ā€ coil and my son and I love it as well. I figure to round out my crew here, I wanted a low frequency machine with manual gb and the umax housing. So sitting here at my daughtersā€™ dance class I just pulled the trigger on a nice looking Eldorado umax with 9x8 coil. I have high hopes for this machine in my older permissions getting to deeper coins and buttons. My vaquero does real good but I just feel like this Eldorado May have really good manners. What can I expect? Do I need to run a negative Gb for best results like the v?

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! I also have an Eldorado and yes, run the GB slightly negative especially if you're going to disc out iron. It can be a little sparky in iron at neutral gb.

I use various concentric coils on it including the 10x12 for deeper stuff. It's a heavy coil and honestly, I'm not sure it goes much deeper than the stock 8x9, which is both lighter and quieter in nails.

I'll be interested to hear how it compares to your vaquero.

Woodsy

Oct 26, 2018
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Outlaw, Mojave, Nox 800, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its always a good thing to hear from another treasure hunter who appreciates a good Tesoro Metal Detector.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations! I also have an Eldorado and yes, run the GB slightly negative especially if you're going to disc out iron. It can be a little sparky in iron at neutral gb.

I use various concentric coils on it including the 10x12 for deeper stuff. It's a heavy coil and honestly, I'm not sure it goes much deeper than the stock 8x9, which is both lighter and quieter in nails.

I'll be interested to hear how it compares to your vaquero.

I hope itā€™s less chatty in small iron and has a better time discing big iron. Thatā€™s where the vaquero will make you crazy. Lead and iron. Hoping itā€™s mannered more like the compadre and glides over square nails, just better with additional settings abilities and coils obviously. I always have the 5.75 cc on my v because it just performs best. However the 9x8 stock coil is good and has had me digging to the point of needing a more serious shovel than the mini Samson. I think that coil will be perfect for what I want to do which is sift through old yards and farms for coins buttons and bullets. Hoping the Eldorado with be a silver getter.

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7ā€ black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
I for one, would love to hear how the Eldorado compares with your Vaquero.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I for one, would love to hear how the Eldorado compares with your Vaquero.
Itā€™s really hard to say when I can get out to use it. Itā€™s pretty cold here but Iā€™ve been going out multiple times a week still. The ground has not froze yet. I have a late 1860s rail/quarry work camp on my property. The vaquero has got some great buttons, bullets, and a seated liberty quarter 1853 from this site. As well as LOADS of iron. I would love to see the Eldorado pick out deep buttons and coins from the same stretch of field as the vaquero has. Heck even the compadre landed my son a very small cuff button from a militia coat. Itā€™s a great spot to test around and Iā€™m very blessed to have it. When I have several bad outings in a row I go to that field and make up for it.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Am I wrong to believe that the lower 10.x kHz frequency of this machine could be an advantage over the v for small deep targets? I have dug small buttons and brass rivets at 8-10ā€ in this good soil with the vaquero.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...l-depth-changes-disc-setting.html#post5380676

Originally Posted by pinenut
Had a chance to hunt with the Eldorado yet? Mine runs pretty deep in all-metal and the VCO quickly detunes for pinpointing.
Just in the yard. It came with a new looking 9x8, I really like the machine. Deep like you said and very easy to pinpoint with using that new white skeleton coil. Overall maybe easier to run than the Outlaw. I know it's heavier, but the 12x10 concentric runs circles around the 12x10 DD on it. I keep telling Allan I want a 12x10 concentric four pin to try.

Sounds so much better than my screaming low tone Vaquero lol. I got to send Vaquero in for tone upgrade.

It's just a little less in depth than the Vaquero.

I prefer it over the Vaquero, just feels and sounds better. Obviously it is smoother since it isn't as hot as the Vaquero.

And you can use the 12x10 concentric on it.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...l-depth-changes-disc-setting.html#post5380676

Originally Posted by pinenut
Had a chance to hunt with the Eldorado yet? Mine runs pretty deep in all-metal and the VCO quickly detunes for pinpointing.
Just in the yard. It came with a new looking 9x8, I really like the machine. Deep like you said and very easy to pinpoint with using that new white skeleton coil. Overall maybe easier to run than the Outlaw. I know it's heavier, but the 12x10 concentric runs circles around the 12x10 DD on it. I keep telling Allan I want a 12x10 concentric four pin to try.

Sounds so much better than my screaming low tone Vaquero lol. I got to send Vaquero in for tone upgrade.

It's just a little less in depth than the Vaquero.

I prefer it over the Vaquero, just feels and sounds better. Obviously it is smoother since it isn't as hot as the Vaquero.

And you can use the 12x10 concentric on it.

How do you feel about the 12x10? I would be interested in that for fields. Does it do ok around iron? Would it be worth buying over the 9x8?

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Holy smokes! The 12x10 with a cover is 180 bucks on fleabay. I didnā€™t pay much more than that for the Eldorado! Would it perform that much better?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the 11x8 dd....better performance vs weight. Also, the 5 pin machines don't gain much in depth using the larger dd coils over the stock coil. Just more coverage.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Eldorado, Bandido, etc. will false less on rusty iron than the Vaquero/Tejon because of the being less "gained up"...but they also are not capable of the depths that the hot machines get. The Eldorado is just a really smooth Tesoro, tied as my favorite 5 pin Tesoro with the Bandido 2. Like either one better than the Outlaw. The Eldorado can be bought cheaper than the others for some reason??? Great yard/park machine.

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 12x10 should go deeper, in theory at least, but I can't verify that it does because things just aren't that deep around here. However, I'm taking it to an old military dump tomorrow and that will be a very good test because the dump is layered 30 feet deep.

My Tesoros have done very well there despite the iron bits and nails. Truly, these machines have no trouble picking brass out of iron. It will be a good depth test for the 12x10

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Eldorado, Bandido, etc. will false less on rusty iron than the Vaquero/Tejon because of the being less "gained up"...but they also are not capable of the depths that the hot machines get. The Eldorado is just a really smooth Tesoro, tied as my favorite 5 pin Tesoro with the Bandido 2. Like either one better than the Outlaw. The Eldorado can be bought cheaper than the others for some reason??? Great yard/park machine.

Thatā€™s great to hear. I will keep the v out in the fields and keep the Eldorado in town for my old houses. I see no need for the 12x10 in a yard. At least not any that I have access to... thanks for the input. Wish they made that coil for the delta machines. That would be wicked deep here in the Midwest

HistoryStudent

Feb 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, my experience with the DD coils on the tesoros is that they false more on nails than the concentric coils. I use the tesoros because they are so quiet in nails but they aren't so quiet with DD coils

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The 12x10 should go deeper, in theory at least, but I can't verify that it does because things just aren't that deep around here. However, I'm taking it to an old military dump tomorrow and that will be a very good test because the dump is layered 30 feet deep.

My Tesoros have done very well there despite the iron bits and nails. Truly, these machines have no trouble picking brass out of iron. It will be a good depth test for the 12x10

My vaquero has picked out much brass from between nails, spikes, and other flat iron or skillet pieces. Lead too for that matter. However, it gets real sketchy if I disc past nickel in a iron filled site. So keeping the disc just above iron really helps chop the iron signal, but I wonā€™t lie, that detector fools me on deeper iron a lot. Hoping the Eldorado will remedy that a bit in a few old farm sites and barnyards I hit.

OP
OP
IowaRelic

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Also, my experience with the DD coils on the tesoros is that they false more on nails than the concentric coils. I use the tesoros because they are so quiet in nails but they aren't so quiet with DD coils

I just really donā€™t feel I would have a need for the dd coil on any of my machines. There is a possibilty that a 5.75 dd could help me on the bluffs around the Mississippi where the granite sounds off from 2 feet away... could help? I just know the concentrics have done great for me. I NEVER use a pintpointer EVER. Rarely do I dig the side of a hole out. Not sure if a big dd would make me happy. I know an older gent who is a Whites dealer, he can not believe I only use concentrics as he has only be using dd for the last 20 years or whatever...itā€™s a battle I have fought with myself and just have never pulled the trigger

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize you were talking about the 10x12 concentric coil earlier. I have not used that coil, but would make an educated guess that if you have mild soil that it WOULD give a depth gain over the stock coil. I don't use larger conc. Coils because of our hotter ground here in some of the areas that I relic hunt in. The 11x8 dd is my favorite Tesoro coil for general use. The 5.75 concentric for trashy areas...and the 9x8 for areas less trashy, but some modern trash and bottle caps. These are the only 3 coils I use on my Tesoros.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the purchase!

I have a Tesoro Outlaw, these two machines appear to be "related" to each other in some fundamental way.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes! The 12x10 with a cover is 180 bucks on fleabay. I didnā€™t pay much more than that for the Eldorado! Would it perform that much better?

I see one for 109 and another for 135 on ebay at this moment

Great for fields and large areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread