OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL Yard Waste...When I saw Mayor Ford on TV for the very first time, his hair was all messy and wild, and he was acting like a freak, I thought it was Chris Farley from that movie "Tommy Boy". Just Chris Farley, being weird as usual. My brother had to tell me that it wasn't a joke, "that's the major of Toronto", he says.
Well I laughed so hard, I almost soiled my pants...LMAO! YUP, us Canadians, we sure can pick'um.

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL Yard Waste...When I saw Mayor Ford on TV for the very first time, his hair was all messy and wild, and he was acting like a freak, I thought it was Chris Farley from that movie "Tommy Boy". Just Chris Farley, being weird as usual. My brother had to tell me that it wasn't a joke, "that's the major of Toronto", he says.
Well I laughed so hard, I almost soiled my pants...LMAO! YUP, us Canadians, we sure can pick'um.

And he's off to Oscars, Jimmy Kimmel picked him up at the Airport dressed as a chauffeur, and Ol' Rob is actually going to be on his show Monday. BTW-Canadians didn't pick him--Torontonians did. Most Canadians have more brains than that! LOL

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull tabs! Ugh!

The original pull tabs did just that—pulled off. Then some dim bulb designed the ones which stayed with the can. Only problem is, 99% of the users just bend them off, and toss them just like the original ones. Fortunately, the older ones can be easily discriminated so you don't have to dig them all. But those pesky new ones look likes dimes or even pennies depending on their orientation. I truly think we should go back to some sort of church key arrangement. Or, adopt Coor's idea no one liked. There were two discs stamped into the top. You pressed the small one to relieve the pressure, and then the bigger one to drink from. I liked them, but I guess some folks didn't have enough finger strength to press them in.

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Alan, I remember those beer cans, holy cow that was awhile ago. I thought it was because drunks kept cutting their thumbs on the big hole?
And Thanks A Lot! Now I won't be able to sleep tonight thinking about the day that I get to weak to open my beer! Please keep these horrible thoughts to yourself...lol.
Take care.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possible solution to the pop top problem, all tabs must be made of gold. Of course that drives up the price of beer & etc, but finding those tabs would be a real pleasure! Lol!
It would put the mining Indus. Into full production.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We Canadians think it's weird that you Americans keep "digging up" pull tabs?
Now imagine how many beers you'd have to have to get you through a Canadian winter. So when the snow thaws, naturally there's a layer of pull tabs. When summer comes we are all crazy with cabin fever, so we all head to the mountains to party and camp...ergo...another layer of pull tabs.
It's so weird to us that your pull tabs actually have a chance to get underground...lol. We pretty well count out even finding dirt for the first 6 inches.
And what does raw gold come up as on a metal detector, PULL TABS, one of life's cruel irony's...lol.

So maybe you all should think about not littering the earth so much. Sure, there are folks here in the US who are indifferent to littering, but I don't do so (don't drink canned beer anyways, but dispose of my bottle caps properly). I always make sure anybody I'm with at parties or anywhere outdoors also dispose of their trash in a proper manner.

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We aren't allowing any bottles on our claim! Broken glass isn't good for man or animals. Sure, go a head and open your bottle of rum, just pour it into a plastic cup and put it safely back in your backpack (no bottled beers though).
We like using metal coffee cans for cigarette butts, put a little sand in them so the cans don't blow around, and you can put the lid on before you go to bed.
And most of all....a garbage can for the beer cans!! Those things are worth money you know. With my friends, a long weekend means my daughter is going to a better college.

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'all know about our "eh", eh....lol

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much for the clip relevant! I forgot all about the McKenzie Brothers AND pop top bottles. Our kids probably don't know what a pop top bottle is....lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread