VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
After a week of bad weather, frozen ground, and Dman minding his store, we were ready to hunt. Plan A was to scout a place where local residents found a place that they thought could have been a cannon emplacement overlooking the Cumberland River. It took us about 45 minutes to find it on the hill in the woods in the middle of nowhere. To our disappointment, it was an old hand dug pond. Picture #1 shows Dman in the old pond.
We immediately switched to Plan B. Plan B was to go back to "Button Hill" which is a U.S. Infantry Camp I found a few years ago. With a lot of moisture in the soil, we felt the site would give up some deep buttons and relics. We had not been on the hill 10 minutes until Dman Doug his first Eagle Button as shown in picture #2. Not 5 minutes later, I dug the Eagle Button shown in picture #3.
My finds for the few hours we spent there are shown in the last pic. I found three General Service Eagle Buttons with shanks, a cartridge box or knapsack buckle, one dropped .69 3 ringer, and one pulled .69 that had damage. Dman will post later with his two G.S. Eagle Buttons, a button back, knapsack hook, carved .69 3 ringer, .69 round ball, and several pieces of melted lead.
We have had better days but it was just fun to get out. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting from Tennessee.

January Relic Count is a piddly 20 CW Relics.

Attachments

• Dman and Hand Dug Pond.jpg
    Dman and Hand Dug Pond.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,018
  • Dman and his Eagle Button.jpg
    Dman and his Eagle Button.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,026
  • VOL1266-X and his Eagle Button.jpg
    VOL1266-X and his Eagle Button.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • Button Hill US Camp 1-31-09.jpg
    Button Hill US Camp 1-31-09.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,017
Upvote 0

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work! I'd take an Eagle Button anyday--and more than that is icing on the cake. :thumbsup:

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
I cant wait til i can get my butt back down south. great finds. keep up the good work and keep posting. heck, i even get a kick out of seeing southern soil. :)

S

seger98

Nice score on the double eagles, Looks like you have a great site you are working.

Chris

incajoe

May 17, 2007
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Please tell me you hunted around that hand dug pond a little. Looks like a great place to find "make a wish" money!

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
Sweet finds,I am just waiting for the ground around here to thaw a little.
Congrats on a great day in the outdoors :thumbsup:

fortbball9

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
incajoe said:
Please tell me you hunted around that hand dug pond a little. Looks like a great place to find "make a wish" money!
We did hunt around and in the pond. We found nothing but shotgun brass and .22 bullets and .22 hulls. The landowner said that there was a CW and slave graveyaed in his place. We found the CW graveyard but the dates were worn off the stones. Thanks for looking and HH.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice finds. Is that Brad Pitt in the Camo cap?
Dman

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Only 20 CW relics for the year?...sheesh!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go guys, a great day indeed. :thumbsup:
Congrats,
MM

K

KirkTN

Looks like the collection just keeps on growning. Good job! Brother John and I hit it for a while today too. It was a nice day for it.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brad Pitt and Burt Reynolds hunting in Tennesseeeee!! 8) Gosh I gotta get up there and do some huntin'! ;D :wink:

You guys are cleaning it up! :thumbsup: Fantastic finds!!! :o Love the pictures too! :wink:

Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread