We hunted hard.....lots of trash, and SOME treasures.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Let's see, where shall I start?...........

Me and Mastereagle22 recently acquired some new spots to hunt in a great area close to the Mississippi river. This is in the older part of town. We made our second trip to one of the spots and because of all the ground saturation and trash, it was difficult to detect. We planned this hunt for a week, and we had warmer weather even though the ground was pretty wet.

The minutes ticked off like hours at work until we clocked out and were able to hit it. A few minutes before clocking out, we both had changed our clothes and at the strike of the detecting hour, we were off.

Because Mastereagle had a prior engagement later in the evening....(his wife wears the pants)....we each drove our own vehicles. Unfortunately, I followed him. Let me tell you that if I had been taping him as I followed along, I could have sold the royalties to The Richard Petty Driving School for a lot of money. He was running yellow lights and popping wheelies in his car. He had the sunroof open and as he drove, he looked like the Sasquatch from "Harry and the Henderson's" driving the car. Every corner, the car would lean into the curb and his hair would blow signaling the direction he was turning. Scary almost.

By the grace of the detector gods, we made it there alive and got our gear on and got ready to detect. Mastereagle forgot his pinpointer (his wife hid it) and mine wasn't working either...even when I changed the batteries. Bullseye pinpointers!!.......can't live with them, can't live without them!!

We had detected for about 20 minutes when I finally got a broken signal that I was able to reproduce at only a couple inches. The tone was nice and high, and soon I was admiring a 1945 Mercury!! Oh yeah baby!! Mastereagle found a couple neat things and I soon had a good nickel sound. I managed to dig an old Phoenix or Southwestern pendant. It is only junk metal, but interesting non the less. A short time later, a huge signal revealed a cool lock.

Mastereagle and I continued to expand our hunting line to include a strip of grass that ran alongside the street and ME22 finally came up with a nice silver Rosie he had found! WTG Bro!! He trumped that find (in my opinion) with a spectacular football medal that I would call our FIND OF THE NIGHT. All in all, we had a good time digging and got to throw dirt clods at one another again. Ahhh...good times....good times.

I am sure Mastereagle will be posting his finds, so check them out. I believe he is gone this weekend, so be patient. Here is everything I found:

First the trash:

100_4074.jpg

Secondly, the treasure:

100_4075.jpg

Here is a lock from the "Eagle Lock Company". Anyone know anything about it?

100_4076.jpg
100_4077.jpg

Here is the better items I found:

100_4078.jpg

100_4079.jpg

Upvote 0

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
WTG BB!! We can always count on you and ME to keep us rolling on the floor! ;D ;D

Great finds!
---Mel

borninok

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I was going to show you what your pheonix looks like with the tail but OhioJerry beat me to it. The I was going to ask you about the piece on the bottom left in the first pic but Nana beat me to that.
Anywho...congrats on the finds and a great day hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions