weekend finds,paid a visit to the heartbreak hotel

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
Got out Friday evening for a couple of hours.Found a rediculous heartbreaker,made me sick when I walked up on it.It appears to be an early archaic corner notch maybe a large kirk made out high grade ridge.I guess it was a consolation prize when I found the decent bottleneck a few minutes later.Saturday I got out for about 5 hours and found 3 nicens.A lobed bifurcate that has a needle tip and is super thin,another bifi and a ridge hopewell point.I also found a broken lance and a nice uniface blade that was found real close to the lance.Found some brokes and a broken celt.Sunday I got out for a short hunt and scored a killer piece.Its the pink scraper/knife looking piece and it has a graver on it. Paleo????what u guys think?goodluck hunting.
IMAGE_417.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection003-1.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection002-1.jpg

IMAGE_419.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection006-1.jpg

IMAGE_421.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection004.jpg

IMAGE_427.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection005-1.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection007.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection008-1.jpg

IMAGE_430.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection009-1.jpg

greg-rocksartifactcollection010-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Flint-seeker

Oct 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
Excellent finds! Are you sure your heartbreaker isn't a spokeshave? Maybe the pic was misleading, but it almost looks like it was deliberately shaped that way. Amazing materials used, as well!

Can you provide close-up pics of the top of the piece?

Shane

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Creek those are some killer pieces that big heartbreaker has some beautiful colors in it, you had a awesome weekend, those biffys are sweet.you are having a great year.

F

Felinepeachy

Yeah the heartbreaker in the first pic looks, from the pic, like it has been worked on the end :dontknow:

That little black point is PERFECT, I love it! And that scraper, is awesome!!!!! I want it :laughing7:

You had a great weekend, congrats!! :notworthy:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. That first one would have been a center piece for sure. Nice bifuracte with strong work on it. Good hunt sir! Knife/scraper almost looks cobb'ish :thumbsup:

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Yup that Ridge piece would have been wonderful. The biffy's and Hopewells are very nice.

Is that a broken lance?? Ouch...

Chuck

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Another great hunt dude. That is most definitely a true heartbreaker but imo the rest of your finds make up for that one. Two nice bifurcates, can't really make at the flaking on the leaf shaped piece? Great materials and Great hunt.

OP
OP
creek astronaut

creek astronaut

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2009
fairfield county,ohio
Th3rty7 said:
Another great hunt dude. That is most definitely a true heartbreaker but imo the rest of your finds make up for that one. Two nice bifurcates, can't really make at the flaking on the leaf shaped piece? Great materials and Great hunt.
thx dude,I would still trade all of them for that one to be all there.The pink blade is random flaked but it has that 45 degree bulb taken out of the base like you see on paleo, but it has a beveled sorta edge to it on one side like it was used as a scraper.Odd piece but it will look good in a frame. :icon_scratch:

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Yeah, that is a shame for sure but, ya know how it goes.

Chuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread