Weekly Tennessee Trio Hunt: Bayonet Pc., Eagle Buttons, & The Usual Lead!!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Weekly Tennessee Trio Hunt: Bayonet Pc., Eagle Buttons, & The Usual Lead!!!

The Tennessee Trio returned to the 1862 U.S. Infantry Camp this morning for 3 hours and dug a few more relics. About the time Doug recovered a bayonet piece, Josh dug a brass belt adjuster and I persuaded them to be still enough for a quick pic. Our combined digs are in the 2nd pic.
The 3rd pic is of the back of the U.S. Box Plate that Tenn. Josh dug on our hunt to a different site (U.S. Cavalry) last Saturday. Here you go MK per your request.
Our finds from when we first started hunting the 1862 U.S. Ind.-Ohio Infantry camp are shown in the last 3 pics with Doug's first, Tenn. Josh's 2nd, and mine last. We had to make pics this am for an article about our hunts there for the May-June issue of North South Trader's Civil War Magazine as they gave us a deadline to meet. Tennessee Digger provided historical support for the article and Julia helped make pics. HH from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• Josh & Doug at U.S. Camp 3-9-12.jpg
    Josh & Doug at U.S. Camp 3-9-12.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 685
  • Trio Hunt-U.S. Camp 3-9-12.jpg
    Trio Hunt-U.S. Camp 3-9-12.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 695
  • Back of Josh\'s Box Plate.jpg
    Back of Josh\'s Box Plate.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 772
  • Dman\'s Finds Feb.6-March 5.jpg
    Dman\'s Finds Feb.6-March 5.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 824
  • Josh\'s Finds Feb. 6 thru 27-12.jpg
    Josh\'s Finds Feb. 6 thru 27-12.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 830
  • Quindy\'s Finds Feb. 6-March 5 2012.jpg
    Quindy\'s Finds Feb. 6-March 5 2012.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 842
Upvote 0

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Weekly Tennessee Trio Hunt: Bayonet Pc., Eagle Buttons, & The Usual Lead!!!

:thumbsup:

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.

Very impressive guys! Hope you got a good picture of that button that Josh found on a previous trip. I still can't believe that place is still giving up relics. Amazing!!!!!!!!! Tennessee digger...... who wants to know who bought lunch today?

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Very impressive keep it coming!!! :headbang:

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Wow, what a haul! Those relics looks super guuuud in the display. :thumbsup: Breezie

PS: Your luck is going to run out of your horseshoe; flip it around. :wink:

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

Man thats a nice plate, the relics are nice from there, I like how white the bullets are. You have some really nice gun tools. Lets see another pic of that great big CS Staff! GL next hunt!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Three beautiful displays there Quindy, congrats to all :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:

Did you ever get that cartridge identified?

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

oldsalty19 said:
Thanks for looking O.S. and HH.
tennessee digger said:
Very impressive guys! Hope you got a good picture of that button that Josh found on a previous trip. I still can't believe that place is still giving up relics. Amazing!!!!!!!!! Tennessee digger...... who wants to know who bought lunch today?
I guarantee someone (like Hill Billy) will Donnie. Doug had to get back to his store today and Josh gave him a hard time about bugging out after he dug 3 eagle buttons early in the week-LOL. Josh bought my lunch mainly because he had no tip money but DID have his check card. Relics are dropping off there but it was great fun while it lasted. HH, Q.
JmCraz8 said:
Very impressive keep it coming!!! :headbang:
Thanks JmC. There aren't as relics coming out now but it was lots of fun. HH.
Breezie said:
Wow, what a haul! Those relics looks super guuuud in the display. :thumbsup: Breezie

PS: Your luck is going to run out of your horseshoe; flip it around. :wink:
We are going to flip it around with a brand new site next week Breezie. Thanks, Q.
MKnTenn said:
Man thats a nice plate, the relics are nice from there, I like how white the bullets are. You have some really nice gun tools. Lets see another pic of that great big CS Staff! GL next hunt!
I tried to get a decent pic of the droop wing today MK but special lighting will be required as the contrast is not well defined. Tenn. Josh plans to take it to M'boro and get a pic and autentication next week. HH, Q.
Steve in PA said:
Three beautiful displays there Quindy, congrats to all :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :thumbsup:

Did you ever get that cartridge identified?
Not yet Steve as Josh has it in another site box and I forgot to tell him to bring it. Refer to my answer to MK above as Josh will have a relic dealer look at it when he goes next week. Will advise. HH, Quindy.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

What the Hell can you say Guy's :headbang:

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great saves Quindy. The bayonet piece is outstanding, I would hate to be on the working end of one of those, ouch... Your displays are filling nicely. Arty

wcallis

Sep 12, 2011
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Unbelievable fellas! Congratulations! That's a very impressive group of the "usual" lead and I always love to see more brass. Those displays are looking mighty nice too, but I think I see room in them for more... ;D

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

civilman1 said:
What the Hell can you say Guy's :headbang:
Joe, we say we are beginning to need a new site-LOL. HH, Q.
artyfacts said:
Great saves Quindy. The bayonet piece is outstanding, I would hate to be on the working end of one of those, ouch... Your displays are filling nicely. Arty
About a week ago Arty, Josh dug a bayonet piece as shown in his box in the 5th pic on the lower left. We wondered if they were from the same bayonet but that's a 60 acre field so who knows. HH, Quindy.
wcallis said:
Unbelievable fellas! Congratulations! That's a very impressive group of the "usual" lead and I always love to see more brass. Those displays are looking mighty nice too, but I think I see room in them for more... ;D
Thanks Raymond. We can squeeze a feew more in. I sure hate to hear Doug and Josh whine about having to buy another box again-LOL. HH, Quindy.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

Have you tried fanning out in different directions for a few hundred yards? Maybe you can hit another spot or picket. GL

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

MKnTenn said:
Have you tried fanning out in different directions for a few hundred yards? Maybe you can hit another spot or picket. GL
We did that early on MK but had little success. The pickets in this camp were not alaways on the higher elevations per the soldier's diaries. We checked the ridges. The 105th Ohio Infantry had 50 men on picket duty each day. We do know chain pickets were used there too. Except for the 1820 LC that tennessee digger found and a scabbad tip dug by Dman, all the relics have come from the tent lines and camp proper. HH, Q.

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow Quindy! You guys are cleaning house! Great finds!

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

More great finds to add to the amazing relics you have already dug Quindy. Way to go fellas!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Fantastic finds for all of you Quindy!!! Good to see Doug hunting Again. Were these pics taken before he fell or after?

Love to come down sometime and hunt a site that my fellow Yankee's camped on. I'd love to hunt a picket site.

Quindy, you still using your Fisher F-75 or are you using a Fisher F-75 Pro. I still have my F-75 and will be taking it to
DIV next week. You can't beat it when hunting for .69 caliber minies, they come in around the number of 65 on the
F-75, even in that hot soil of Culpeper.

Always love to read your posts my friend,
Best Regards,
Denny ( Ringfinder )

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

matt092079 said:
Wow Quindy! You guys are cleaning house! Great finds!
Thanks Matt. I believe the fun is about over there. HH, Q.
Woodland Detectors said:
More great finds to add to the amazing relics you have already dug Quindy. Way to go fellas!
Mike, that camp has been so much fun. tennessee digger feels like it had been hunted hard but most of the relics were only 5 inches deep. Good luck my friend, Quindy.
ringfinder said:
Fantastic finds for all of you Quindy!!! Good to see Doug hunting Again. Were these pics taken before he fell or after?

Love to come down sometime and hunt a site that my fellow Yankee's camped on. I'd love to hunt a picket site.

Quindy, you still using your Fisher F-75 or are you using a Fisher F-75 Pro. I still have my F-75 and will be taking it to
DIV next week. You can't beat it when hunting for .69 caliber minies, they come in around the number of 65 on the
F-75, even in that hot soil of Culpeper.

Always love to read your posts my friend,
Best Regards,
Denny ( Ringfinder )
Good to hear from you Denny and I saw the fine Corps badge that you dug in the AD magazine "just dug" section-Congrats on a great recovery. Doug broke his leg last Fall the day after we hunted near the Hartsville Battlefield where I dug the Heart Rosette pictured in the current issue of AD. We hit that Ind.-Ohio camp that Donnie (who you have talked to when he and Julia were guests of the AD Relic Roundup internet show) gave us the tip that a few relics might be left there. I stumbled into the tent lines in the rear of the camp on Feb. 6 this year and Doug and I returned the next day. It was great fun.
Tenn. Josh and I still use the F75 and Doug uses the F75 LTD. This camp had few .69 cal 3 ring Big Boys to dig. Fisher will use the big box of our combined finds that I posted earlier from the camp where we hunted today in their F75 ads. They even sent us caps and t-shirts. Good luck at DIV my friend and we hope you dig a plate in Culpeper this time. HH,Quindy.

rebelrouser

Dec 4, 2008

that is real impressive.if someone sees that they don't know the long hours it takes and many trips to get that much.to beat all it is from a hunted out spot.i have say congrats to all three.enjoyed the post.

L

lost hunter

:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions