Weird event in Philadelphia suburbs, maybe treasure related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John288717 I found this torch a year ago roughly 150 yards east of the footbridge. (Bradford Reservoir), there was (I think) 20 such torches covered in plastic and soaked in torch fluid. Someone was planning one of them parades you witnessed?? Although the ghost thread had disappeared in October 2013, I was still inclined to search the area anyhow back in November?. I was there out of curiosity, I wanted to see if there was any mail and see if anything had changed.

image-3819398965.jpg

The torch is 7'6" long and made of bamboo wrapped in cloth and wired . I'm not a hoarder, I placed it in my garage and forgot about it is all.
It was the best of the bunch as most was made from branches of trees instead of bamboo.

Sooooo 288717 ..... What does that mean?
Biblical verse?

OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
r I told the forums I have no interest in tramping around like the others, day in day out or befriending an arrogant youth. Goodness no. The work that work has already been done. If you follow. By men in better shape than I make no mistake. It is, the results I am after. The discussion. Now it seems even more so that it vanished under, how to put it strange circumstances. Gone for more than a year according to the cache pages. Poof. But still gentlemen are trying to devalue it, now why is that. You call it a fantasy that it was playing people for fools, lay your cards on the table and tell us why. I read in the cache pages a man like me asking for answers. Coming to the experts for help, did he receive the same chilly reception as I. What is fundamentally wrong with what is being buried in Warrington? Out of all your other treasures here. By thunder when people say this and say that but cannot bring themselves to say why that sounds like my wife! I tell her "you can tell me, I promise the explanation will not lay you in your grave." And I say it here now. Good heavens. No one is afraid of the subject at hand, good then we can have a frank conversation about it like men. The forums here are as much a part of the story as, the Bedouins. Something about what I saw or what I dug out of the ground upsets people, upset, them enough to be hostile against my curiosity. Did the same thing happen in the first discussion? What do I not know what am I not being told about these Bedouins or what they are doing that affects others this way, negatively?

Doubter at my age there is not much that surprises me anymore, except rudeness. I am no cat, simply because you take offense at my writing. And how. Wait until you are elderly arthritic and typing on a two or so inch touchscreen, maybe after coming of age when, Some Like It Hot, was still in theatres. If you can handle gadgets easily after that I will buy you a brew. Mark my words. The Templars, Gold Circle knights, and Solomon's treasure are all well known true. I do not dispute it. Now there was a time no one knew about them despite their fame. If you follow, every story or idea or what have you starts off completely unknown, begins with one person to tell. Old Hiram's tales were just like that the tall ones and the short ones. Mind you I am not promoting Solomon's treasure but, I hope you, understand. As far as official records I am not one to trust them, police and media are suspicious. I hazard there maybe just as many reasons to not make official records of Warrington as there are to do so, if you follow me. We could sit here and brainstorm a good ten or so reasons why I think. Police and papers, do not know everthing, it can be a surprise at times all what they miss. Now on my end there are more than a few dozen people telling these stories about Bedouins and whatever else some going back fifty years, and change! If not mistaken the stories will be official before too long they are being collected. As you can see not a problem. My apologies because I cannot speak for other websites, how can the discussion be a hoax? I have cache pages and can see it was real. I am sorry for this confusion. Technology learning curve, I throw my hands in the air! If my son only knew.

OP
OP
J

John288717

Nov 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flyadive I recognize that name too, from the original. My apologies these old hands are working as fast as they can but cannot keep up with, well whatever this black cloud over Warrington is, that gets people all in a tizzy. Judging from the response! Seeing these Bedouins is not the way to make friends with treasure hunters, I can tell you. What you found, is that where they store their supplies maybe? The footbridge at the lake, I have walked there with my wife. Birdwatching you know. Like the good old days at the Philadelphia Zoo. 150 yards east over what kind of ground? These are old bones make no mistake. Mail, please go on? 288717 were Google's numbers tacked onto my email address. I reused them.

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Johnny, 100-150 yards upstream you would find their staging area.
The new construction has destroyed a large section of area of Bradford forest. I'm sure those reenactments will have some trouble with the new homeowners soon after construction is complete.

image-147952952.jpg

Not to put you on the spot....Do you know of a person whom lives nearby named Jake?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were a couple members here in the Past who seemed to think they should have the exclusive treasure Hunting rights
to that area & had a problem with others Treasure Hunting there.

For the record I don't Recognize anyone's right to call Dibs without Proving they have exclusive rights.

As I said in the Past all members have a Right to discuss their Finds,
and their Treasure Beliefs.

However If I get proof anyone is posting in order to Perpetrate a Hoax,
They will be removed (Banned)

But until I see proof all members have a rite to post here without being attacked !

and posts that have been removed are not to be Discussed.

The former thread cited here at times, was proven to be a hoax so,
Discussion of it's contents should have no bearing on this discussion
that I can see.

This is a New Discussion as of Nov 18, 2014 02:06 PM started by: John288717

Respect that...... Remeber that

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

I personally believe you are resurrecting the SePa thread to increase traffic on your site. Just an opinion. I don't think opinions are banned but I'll bet you delete this post . Please prove me wrong.

I really liked your site and visited daily. Usually 3-4 times a day. If you allow this obvious attempt to restart the SePa thread to continue I will lose all respect for your website.

I am not resurrecting the SePa thread, If I find out john, You or anyone is resurrecting the SePa thread,
I will deal with it.

John is starting his own thread & if necessary posts will be deleted at my Discretion.
No You or any other member will not Dictate what is allowed & what is not.
Sorry !

You are welcome here, whether you respect me or not, we have had 88,627 members over the years.
. Most users ever online at one time was 15,889.
and again this site is for everyone who is honest in their opinions
and beliefs . prove me wrong and We will deal with it.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice their won't be a third.
everyone deserves a chance.

and Yes your post is Off Topic like many here & should be deleted

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lost! Is this something that you have to know the area to understand?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm lost! Is this something that you have to know the area to understand?

I really don't know I don't live There.

Only thing I am confident on is The Tin & the paper

20140107_154402.jpg

20140107_154549.jpg 20140107_154625.jpg 20140107_154700.jpg

are Extremely Fresh. they weren't there over the Last Winter.
I'd wager on that. most of us Treasure Hunters who use detectors
Should see that condensation hasn't even Wrinkled the note,
or made the ink run. the dampness isn't even, even.

Which could mean several Things.

Yes could be a scam attempt perpetrated on us

or

could be a scam attempt perpetrated on him

Or

He just happened on something meant for someone Else.
a Game, or attempt to fool someone else.
if it's true gibberish, it's obviously to fool someone.
if it can be translated, it's probably a game.

It doesn't look like a Geo Cache

& I know it isn't 300 years Old so I don't think it's Bedouins or reenactors.
unless of course these reenactors are children, who just saw a movie.

So this thread should really be about honestly Translating this first

20140107_154700.jpg

Last edited:

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I removed my posts because I am done with this thread. Good luck to all who get sucked into this madness.

Last edited:

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread is incomprehensible to me (and I suspect many others). To describe the content of the original posts as "stream of consciousness" is very generous, but an insult to great writers such as James Joyce and the like.

Thank goodness we don't have to invent 'treasures' or have numerous threads on imaginative stories.
Over here we don't have to spend time on fantasies ... we just go out detecting.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone Tried to figure out the letter? I'm playing around with it. But not getting too far yet. lol I hope it actually means something and not just a bunch of scribbles!

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone who has visited the reservoir knows that there is some weird things going on!
Someone is going through a lot of trouble!
For that reason............ I'm in!

I want to find out why!
Treasure? ?? I doubt it.
Religious prosecution .... Probably

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Has anyone Tried to figure out the letter? I'm playing around with it. But not getting too far yet. lol I hope it actually means something and not just a bunch of scribbles!

I think there is a message.
Can you mirror the image?

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm trying to put a value or number to each symbol for now. lol I'll try the mirror next!

Yes, I am that bored and curious today!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you for being the First one To respect TreasureNet and get on subject as requested :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it made me curious to begin with back in the beginning of this thread, I like puzzles! lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm not even sure it's rght side up first 2 Letters are the same unless not Read left to right. other then everything is placed far left like normal English is

Only word I can think of off hand with 2 Identical Letters at the Beginning is Llewellyn which
still doesn't fit left to right

Last edited:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not even sure it's rght side up first 2 Letters are the same unless not Read left to right. other then everything is placed far left like normal English is

Only word I can think of off hand with 2 Identical Letters at the Beginning is Llewellyn which
still doesn't fit left to right

Unless those 2 stand for 1 letter. or are numbers. or like you said reversed.

:dontknow:

I'm also assuming it's English. The way it's done.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless those 2 stand for 1 letter. or are numbers. or like you said reversed.

:dontknow:

I'm also assuming it's English. The way it's done.

or upside down & read right to left.

but the fact there are no spaces between words tells me Code, or fake rather than language

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is read right to left. I also think the first two might be s s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread