Welcome to Cocoa Beach, enjoy your parking ticket.

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
No, I did not get one, but I would venture to guess that hundreds of other folks did.

The city of Cocoa Beach was putting on a fireworks display to celebrate the fourth of July. For those of you who have never been to Cocoa Beach, I have to tell you that parking is at a premium and that the City of Cocoa Beach capitalizes on that fact. Every Beach access street has parking meters on it. Speed limits and parking are strictly enforced.

Last night all the public parking lots as well as private lots were full. The overflow of people were parking on the side of the road and walking to the beach. I was drove through the city of Cape Canaveral, Avon Park and into Cocoa Beach looking for a spot to park on any beach access street to watch the fireworks show. We could not find a spot on any side street. While driving trough Cocoa Beach I noticed that Parking Enforcement was out in force giving tickets to all the cars parked on the side of the road that parallels the beach. There were hundreds and hundreds of cars. we saw at least two officers giving out tickets, one at the north end of the city and one at the south end.

Somehow I think this is just wrong. All these folks came to Cocoa Beach to enjoy the fourth of July fireworks celebration and the city takes the opportunity to fill their coffers by issuing parking tickets. You would think they would be a bit more lenient on the parking rules on this one day. The show probably lasted one hour and the only people that did not get tickets are the ones that left before the enforcement folks got to their cars. It would be interesting to me to find out just how many tickets were issued last night.

I bet a lot of folks had their evening ruined when they returned to their car to find a parking ticket on the windshield.

Welcome to Cocoa Beach.

What do you think?

Ray S

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was always under the impression that parking meter enforcement was limited to "business Hours" from say, 8am to 5pm. Don't know? :dontknow:
Scott

OP
OP
Ray S ECenFL

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
AU24K said:
I was always under the impression that parking meter enforcement was limited to "business Hours" from say, 8am to 5pm. Don't know? :dontknow:
Scott

It was 9:15 PM when I was in Cocoa Beach. The folks getting tickets were parked on the side of the road (both sides) on the street the parallels the beach. The enforcement guys had a field day.

Ray S

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In these bad economic times communities are doing anything they can to get a buck. It is a sign of the times :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions