Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Papaw55

Jan 2, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Commando
Cen Tech pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. Congradulations you are now part of an elight hobby. WHERE ARE YOU FROM AND WHAT KIND OF GEAR DO YOU HAVE?

Southwest Arkansas and I guess a basic beginner rig. Bounty Hunter Commando(camo) and a Harbor Freight pinpointer. You?

BountyHunter76

Greenie
Jan 3, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys! New to metal detecting. From Western PA and looking to get into metal detecting! ive been watching videos and thought it would be an interesting hobby. I hope im right. I may be posting alot to get some tips/info off of you guys. I'd appreciate the help!

dmccus28

Jan 3, 2013
Monroeville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone, detected with my dad as a kid and took it up about a year ago and have enjoyed every minute. I'm from Southwestern Pa.

pulltabpirate

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh oh, lots of western PA folk joining, hope my stomping grounds aren't in jeopardy! Haha!

dmccus28

Jan 3, 2013
Monroeville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in westmoreland country how about you pirate? Haha most of my hunting is on old family properties and farms. Hope to research the region for good spots this spring.

rogerconley

Jan 2, 2013
GILMER, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 250, GARRETT 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all! I'm retired, and love to hunt with my Garrett 1350! It's about 4 years old now with very little hours on it. Just the same it's paid for itself. I only hunt the obvious places, schools, parks, hospitals, home steads, fishing holes ect. I've found enough rings and silver coins to actually pay for my detector and have a good time doing it! I have a hard time finding people around Gilmer, Tx who are interested in the hobby. So I usually end up hunting alone or when my family and I go fishing are camping at one of the many area lakes. So if you are in the area and having a problem finding some one to hunt with, perhaps we can meet and have coffee and even hit one of the local hot spots. Meanwhile, be safe, be courteous, and Happy New Year!!

BountyHunter76

Greenie
Jan 3, 2013
PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from Cambria County in PA. ive been looking at the history of PA. Heard about the story where a man hid $300,000 worth of gold coins under a rock with a cross etched into it. Any body else hear of any interesting history about that? Ive been doing research about PA detecting and have a few areas to try out!

pulltabpirate

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm near johnstown. I'm more inclined to believe and search for the lost safe from the first flood containing $30,000 in silver coins....in todays market it'd be a small fortune!

jtomlinson

Jan 3, 2013
Newport
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75, Garret pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I am Jutin I live On the Oregon coast Its great to be here. I love to treasure hunt, I cant wait to learn from you all.

VBCurt

Oct 6, 2012
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 and PRO Pointer
Southwest Arkansas and I guess a basic beginner rig. Bounty Hunter Commando(camo) and a Harbor Freight pinpointer. You?

I have an Garrett ACE 250 and a Pro Pointer. I live in Virginia Beach. I started about a year ago and still love it. History is my favorite thing about the hobby. I'm not saying that I wouldn't love to find a gold ring. Good thing you got a pin pointer, I waited 9 months till I bought mine and o'boy is it worth every penny. Good luck to all of us.

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi everyone from Fayette county West Virginia

Papaw55

Jan 2, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Commando
Cen Tech pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an Garrett ACE 250 and a Pro Pointer. I live in Virginia Beach. I started about a year ago and still love it. History is my favorite thing about the hobby. I'm not saying that I wouldn't love to find a gold ring. Good thing you got a pin pointer, I waited 9 months till I bought mine and o'boy is it worth every penny. Good luck to all of us.
My cheap CenTech pinpointer already acting up some on 2nd day ...I'll put a good switch in it but decided already I'll buy a top of the line pinpointer and save the CenTech (Harbor Freight) for a spare. Found today all clad at a school..2 quarters, 1 nickel and 4 pennies..none old!! Was worried the Commando wouldn't go deep but found small scrap at 6" plus. Hunted an old burned down school and surprised with no finds of any value. Boy, sure wish pull tabs were worth something...they're everywhere. Know of 3 very old family sites gonna check out.

animoosh

Dec 18, 2012
Manitoba
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope I'm introducing myself in the right place....still not used to this format on Tnet. I am from Manitoba, Canada and have been actively involved in archaeology for the past 40 years. I specialize in stone projectile points but have collected many fur trade relics as well. I have some experience with Whites detectors, but have mainly relied on surface collection of relics to this point. Hoping to reinvestigate many of my sites using detecting equipment this coming summer. Hopefully I will be able to add some useful info to this site....Animoosh

Papaw55

Jan 2, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Commando
Cen Tech pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PAPAW55----- THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE RESEARCH TOOLS NETR Online • Historic Aerials GOOD FOR OLD MAPS AND LAYOUTS
VBCurt, if I read that correctly, I clicked on the 1953 tab and typed in my today's address and checked out the layout. I guess the little black dots (squares?) represent former homesites. With a pasture (cows)across the road in front of my house, I see two dots near the road across just down from me. Hmmm. Thanks for the link.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there. My family and I are new to metal detecting. I bought my husband a detector and a pin pointer for Christmas. If it is a hit, we will upgrade his detector and I will give the other one to our 7 year old son. I love to hunt and fish, and I liked the idea of being able to get the entire family out in the great outdoors. Our youngest is 1. He won't get it much yet, but let's face it, what 2 year old boy doesn't LOVE to dig in the dirt!!! Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

greg60

Tenderfoot
Jan 6, 2013
Jacksoville nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am a new member, live In North Carolina, Ive prospected before, a few yrs ago, weekends mainly, but now Im looking forward to doing this fulltime now. Im looking to raise the bar now though, ALASKA minded!! Getting out of the building aspect to further this adventure now. Also I am lookig for a partner in this, thats able to make the travel in this and realizing the sacrifices involved! But all in all, its about enjoyment as well. Thanks for having me here, Id like to hear from someone interested as well in doing this.

AU_Paga

Jan 2, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New to the site and to prospecting. I've been into it for around 6 months now and I'm interested in finding places in N. GA and folks to go with.
Chris

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread