Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

clarence

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Holiday, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! New to this site. Just getting into this hobby and looking forward to getting out there!

pulltabpirate

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all! Derik in PA here! New to the forum but a long time poster on youtube under pulltabpirate. I own a minelab e-trac and recently purchased the CTX 3030. Just figured it's about time I started chatting with fellow treasure hunters in a forum and may have to pick a few brains until I get the CTX down. I've also never detected in water before and may need a few pointers there as well.

realmench

Dec 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am a newbie on this board. I'm from Missouri, and I've been lurking here for a while, so I thought I'd finally sign up. :)

Dec 15, 2012
south east tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I live in East TN. I call myself a rockhound. I'm looking for maybe a partner but for sure any info on sluicing. I have property in the mountains between the Ocoee and Hiwasse Rivers. The creek is awsome and over 10 years I have enjoyed the adventure of dragging out, cracking and tumbling these rocks. Collecting bright colored mushrooms and taking a million pics. of wildlife, while listening to what I am sure is a mountain lion! There use to be an old Gold and Ruby mine at the head of this creek. I am ready and now have the time to get serious with my hobby. The range of minerals on the mountain and in the creek make me think I need to be sluicing.

Mick Bull

Dec 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, i live in Northamptonshire in the UK, ive always been interested in detecting and anything to do with the past. My other half brought me a metal detector last year and i have hours of enjoyment strolling around loads of different places with it, I spend a lot of time at the East coast so am on the beach most early mornings. Im also hoping to get permission from land owners near my home so i can detect on there land, as there has been Roman artifacts found in the past in my area. As of yet ive found nothing but one day i know i will, it just takes time. Glad to join your site and learn more about my hobby.

steveno11

Dec 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter (the family collector) is 10 and getting her first metal detector (Garrett 250) for christmas. We are looking for tips for good places and methods of detecting.
She is already familiar with the "leave no trace" method. The Memphis, Shelby county area, should offer some interesting detecting. Any Memphis area hunters out there?

muckygrimes

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2012
hello treasure hunters

This seems like a good app. Can't wait to show and ask questions about some stuff I have found.

baseballer

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2012
Hello all Im new to Metal detecting and was directed to this site by a friend, hope to get and give some good information if possible. Im from Smiths Station, Alabama and look forward to interacting with yall.

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Paticake, what kinda Bounty Hunter do you have, they are good starter machines, I'd suggest starting in a park near you, so you can get to know the machine, first of all read the manual or if it does not have one you can go to the Bounty Hunter web site and down load a manual for your machine, there you can learn how to set it up, any machine needs to be properly dialed in before each hunter and on some rechecked during each hunt so that it will react to the ground like it should because most all hunting enviroments change as you move from location to location, around swings, sand pits any where people congregate in a park is good... Good Luck

cee2thejay

Dec 23, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from Florida! I'm glad I found this site. I've been metal detecting on the beaches in the Tampa Bay area for about 8 months. Haven't found anything of significant monetary value but that's not the entire reason why I treasure hunt. It's a great form of exercise and any day at the beach is a good day! I hope to get over to the east coast of Florida because I think I might have better luck. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's great treasure finds!

hikerjamz

Dec 22, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello... I'm from Ohio and just started detecting today. What little time I used to test my metal detector, I found 2 pennies. WooHoo !! At least I found something before the rain and snow starts tomorrow. I bought a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver and a PinPointer yesterday and I'm happy with the way it works. Hopefully, one day I can buy a better product, but for now this one is great !

ICON

Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all you dirtdevil's ! i've just joined treasurenet,i've been reading treasurenet for years.and i've learned a lot from all of you! no grate findes.but i still love doing the R N D. {RESEARCH N DIG} there is about 2 feet of snow here in SYRACUSE,NY.so it will be a while before me and WHITE'S septrum xlt. i'm thinking of getting a CTX 3030. but i'm worried it might be to technical , I don't want to lose a couple GRAND because of that ! i'm 60 but i still dig,digging!

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey all, Ben from WA state here,

I'll be Gold Hog Highbankin', Garrett AT Gold'n and a few other things round the lakes and streams up here in WA. Anybody that's in the Tri Cities area or even in OR or ID gimme an email and we can join up this coming summer.

Cascade Mountains+Old Tailings=Amazing.
Cascade Mountains+Streams/Lakes=Outstanding
Cascade Mountains+Gold+Girlfriend+Firepit+Pink Floyd=Life

newtothegame

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everyone im new to everything related to treasure hunting and relic hunting but i love learning everythng i can about it all im located in south eastern new mexico and would love to be able to find some stufff around here any hints on where to go would help a lot thank you

bubba 900

Dec 25, 2012
staticmap

ghaddox

Dec 26, 2012
Upland CA
Detector(s) used
MineLab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I (Glenn & Jeanine) are new to Upland CA. We are interested interested in metal detecting, gold panning. We are interesting in any information on good places to metal detect and gold panning in the southern CA area

10th ENGRS

Dec 26, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
XLT-E Series, T2, SurfPI, ML 2100V2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Oregon.. Can't wait to get dirty'' am retired,and always looking for ez money.

jason1565

Dec 26, 2012
ocala florida
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello from Florida. Just got my first metal detector and doing reaserch about rules and the state laws prior to going teasure hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions