Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

look2see

Feb 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to the site and treasure hunting

Hello I am from northern Calif. Sacramento valley area. I was fiirst introduced to this in my teens a guy paid my friend and I to help him dig etc around an area where they just tore down about a dozen old buildings we found a lot of stuff. it was interesting learning about the stuff we found I continued helping him other times after that and we shared what we found mostly history items.

Years went by I was busy raising a family and stopped doing it recntly my daughter working for the state of nevada told my son and I about old mines and some ghost towns mining camps she had come across as she worked and that started it up again as my son and I have visited some places that have not seen anyone for years. some are just three or four old shacks.
We have met some other people who have lived there all there lives who have guided us to other places they know of way of the beaten track several accessable only by horse back.

So now that has rekindled my interest and sharing it with my son,daughter and grandson I wanted to go online to get ideas on expanding this interest and found this site

Bill Ragland

Mar 2, 2015
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just found this site today. I am a newbie from Virginia and look forward to learning something from the old timers. I am at present going thru some golden treasures that my dad left me from his estate. There are really some old items that I am sure will be of interest and some items that I don't have a clue what they are for (or should I say was used for back in the days). I will need all the help I can get figuring out how to navigate this site, so if I blunder please let me know.

Last edited:

AnnieJes

Mar 1, 2014
Westmoreland County
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to Tnet. I'm actually new to detecting but I love it. My husband got me a detector about 15 years ago and it was just a little thing from Radio Shack (now out of business) and didn't work so well. I saved and got a Granger 350 I believe. It sounds strange I don't know which number I have but I barely got to use it before I put it away for the cold months of Pennsylvania. Before I put it away my relatives and friends would cringe when they saw me coming with my detector cause they didn't want to see holes throughout their yard like mine. It seems wherever I searched I would find a nail (even in the deep woods of the laurel mountains, who would of thought!?! ha ha). To get me to use my detector for fun my kids set a treasure hunt up for me for mothers day 2014. It was great fun and my detector took me off the path they had set for me and I even found a 1943 wheat in our yard. Well as I said, I am new and would like to know where and when the Laurel Highlands Searchers meet? Can anyone help me with this info? I know of an area that I would like to search but still need to ask permission. I scanned a little and got a lot of hits especially around the fruit trees on the farm but I did not dig without owner saying so. I'm so excited for the thaw to break so I can go into the woods and dig!!

wm.carlton

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2015
Currently Western MA. Also partime W Florida
Detector(s) used
Looking-am in the market for a very good, used detector.
Appreciate any tips or guidelines!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in!
I live in Amherst Ma (presently). I would be up for panning, gem hunting etc. I also spend considerable time in western Florida.
I used to be a white-water raft guide for Zoar Outdoor, led family-based trips for the Sierra Club, and have hiked about 90% of the Appalachian Trail, among other things; like having a B.A in archaeology (UMASS) where I did my field school in Peru, and studied biology in Venezuela (really just trying to say that I'm pretty darn good outdoors, can do research, and happily tolerate really, crappy living situations). I'm 54 years old but still would love to hook up for day trips or even extended (deep backwoods OK) camping situations. I am a treasure hunter at heart, but the journey is a gem in itself. Please contact me with ideas or schemes! I am wide open for learning, exploring and hunting. contact me: [email protected] or 352 792-8680

dudemanrel

Greenie
Mar 8, 2015
Detector(s) used
the power of force metal detector/brand name storm troopers incorporated detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey i am new and i found this site try to find information on a coin when it was made oh and i am from ontario canada and i am just a coin hunter i go my local coin store to buy old and new coins i dont know which part in the forums which has help on coins or something i appreciate it if you guys and gals help me please and i hope i am not on a site which just for the metal detector people if someone could guide me to my destination on the forum where the coin guys are that be nice and thanks

rock_hound

Tenderfoot
Nov 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from the top of the Chesapeake Bay! I am fairly new to this site, and I think it's awesome! I have been metal detecting for a few years now, and also do a little gold panning here and there. I enjoy finding old coins the most, as I have been an active numismatist for over thirty years, and of course it's always exciting to find gold jewelry, and historical relics of the past..... if I could only find an old treasure map! Yes, I am a treasure hunter through and through, would like to meet up with some locals to do just that, find the treasure!

Mar 12, 2015
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings! I'm new to the site. I've been metal detecting for 8 years. Anyone from S.W. Mi. that would like to go detecting, let me know.

wormo76

Mar 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys love the site and have gained some great ideas for prospecting here in stirling, Scotland. Just starting out on this quest and built myself a drop riffle sluice a couple days ago and tested it out. Got my first few wee flakes and will be back out tomoro for another go...

underpressure

Jan 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am new on this site, looking forward to learn everything on treasure hunting....im from mindanao philippines.

Quarterdollar

Greenie
Mar 12, 2015
Detector(s) used
Wgiefxmx100e,garrettace250,hf9fmd,bountyhuntertracker4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi new to the forum i swing a efx 100e I love digging every thing anywhere anytime been hunting quite a while

golden_dust13

Greenie
Mar 15, 2015
West Palm Beach FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi treasurenet I am a new member from Florida, I have not done much treasure hunting but really would love to start anybody know of any cool hidden treasure spots in Florida or better in south Florida??

losan

Mar 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am from Spain.I have over 25 years with this hobby. Success few of the time and labor expended. Here are coins hidden there for over 2500 years ago. Since in declared the archaeological zones is prohibited using the detector.

Mar 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi my name Gaby and I'm interested in prospecting in the Lincoln forest by three rivers but I have never done this so I'm looking to take a trip and do this for the first time but I don't know anyone here in Tularosa NM

Sep 5, 2014
Hello, just introducing myself. Into both metal detecting and gold panning. I live in the southern end of lancaster co. Pennsylvania. Have already gotten a ton of great info from your site. Thanks and keep up the great work

joedublin

Mar 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new man on the post...user name is joedublin...name is a result of being born in Dublin,Georgia. I'm a deer hunter, cancer and heart failure survivor and I DON'T let that slow me down. Do some metal detecting ( a new interest ) and some research into family history. Retired from 40 years in business admin., sales and marketing...after my time in the Army. Looking forward to taking advantage of all you experienced and intelligent young guys....and even the old ones ( like myself )...just turned 81 and looking forward to deer season and sleeping in my sleeping bag in the back of my Jeep Cherokee 4WD .

TRACKERJACK

Greenie
Mar 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I joined the forum recently, having browsed through... i feel i have something to learn from others or perhaps contribute to the forum.

I live in the UK and i first started using a metal detector circa 1972.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread