Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

RDustyRhodes

Jan 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello I'm new and trying to learn how to use the site. I spend time in Indio, California area as well as Brookings, Oregon. The last time I did much metal detecting was 30 years ago with an compass model in central New Jersey. I need to find hunting friends in both Brookings and Indio as I like to go out in desolate places to hunt.
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! For "Indio" take a look at Sub-Forums: California and "Brookings" take a look at Sub-Forums: Oregon for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to both states.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been going up to the crash site last 3 yrs. still lots of stuff there. You can't set your detector down without shutting it off, it just cries and cries. Like to get up there this weekend, Rich wants to go also. Don't know if my leg will allow it, got the sciatica 2 weeks ago, whole new bad experience for me.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Remains of Mainliner Utah; propeller tip; rings, buttons, coins, etc.

Last edited:

Steamnut

Mar 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am a collector of all things interesting, my wife says I need help! I am particularly into early transportation, especially steam related, but also collect rocks, minerals, fossils, native american tools, books coins, etc. Now you see why she feels I need help. Over the years I have made finds related to the area where i live and donated them to our local historical societies, I feel history is meant to be shared not hoarded. I have a number of items I would like to identify or find more information on and am looking forward to tapping your collective brainpower.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I am a collector of all things interesting, my wife says I need help! I am particularly into early transportation, especially steam related, but also collect rocks, minerals, fossils, native american tools, books coins, etc. Now you see why she feels I need help. Over the years I have made finds related to the area where i live and donated them to our local historical societies, I feel history is meant to be shared not hoarded. I have a number of items I would like to identify or find more information on and am looking forward to tapping your collective brainpower.
metal_detector.gif
I noticed this is your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). Now, on those items you need help with ID'ng - take a look at Forum > Discoveries > What Is It? On your rocks (geeez, that doesn't sound right! :)) you might browse Sub-Forums: Geological Forums.

scrapy918

Mar 27, 2016
Youngtown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I'm a newbie to metal detecting. I've been detecting for a few weeks now, with a Bounty hunter time ranger, and I have to say I'm so hooked on it. I just bought my son a Bounty hunter jr which will be here on Monday. I want to find more information on the time ranger...

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm a newbie to metal detecting. I've been detecting for a few weeks now, with a Bounty hunter time ranger, and I have to say I'm so hooked on it. I just bought my son a Bounty hunter jr which will be here on Monday. I want to find more information on the time ranger...
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Rustyfawcett

Mar 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy new to site and fourm. Been detecting for a few years now. Just purchased a Ctx 3030 and can't wait to get out and use it..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spiritwonders

Mar 28, 2016
NE Wis. 15 minutes from Michigan border
Detector(s) used
fisher CZ5, Fisher gold bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
I'd like to say this is a really awesome website. I'm new to detecting and managed to get my husband interested so we're looking forward to
spending time together detecting. So far I've done a good job digging up the yard and haven't been brave enough to go
out of the yard since the laws sound so complicated. But we are going to learn more and go hunting. Beyond the driveway, LOL

ctdigger01

Mar 29, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. Looking forward to being a member of this forum.

ctdigger01

Trashy

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep green Horn here.... New to Detecting. Got me an AT Pro for an anniversary present.
I'm also the winner of the Whites easter egg hunt. Won a new detector that I gave to my mom for a present.
Glad to be here and enjoy my lurking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread