Well after using Detector pro Pirate and Ace 250 can say the Pirate is Better

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have recently Purchased a used Detector pro Pirate,And after using it at the park and beach can honestly say its a better machine than the Ace 250.Its much faster at targeting and can be swung much faster.Its more acurate and much lighter.I found more coins and stuff in half the time that it took with Ace.Plus you can use it in the water and land.Guess the Ace will be going on the chopping block for sale. :tard:

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At twice the price, it should be a better machine!

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ace 250 212.00 land only/ Detector Pro Pirate 299.00 Does (Water)-(Land) and (rain)

Attachments

• 2912953085_bac651bfdc.jpg
    2912953085_bac651bfdc.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 633

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Well after using Detector pro Pirate and Ace 250 can say the Pirate is Bette

OH MY GOD.......I LOVE THIS PIC! I AM LAUGHING MY A$$ OFF!!!
thanks,you made my night :thumbsup:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You are comparing apples and oranges. The Pro Pirate is a turn on and go, 3 knobs. The ACE has a led screen with the ability to notch out any one target, has a bell tone for the sound of money, can be interchanged with 3 different coils by the user and has different programs. Try changing the coil on the Detector Pro machine and see what it costs including shipping. OUCH! The ACE takes rechargeable AA's. The Detector Pro Takes 2 x 9 volt - E X P E N S I V E !

The fact that you got more coins with one detector only means that your coil went over more coins. Your comparison of the two machines doesn't really give any credible data on either machine. If you water hunt mostly, you might fair better with the Detector-Pro. I would never use it as a land machine though.

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well first of all .Pirate gets up to 50 hours of battery on a set of 9 volts .Can use 1.00 none alkalines too!Not sure Ace will do that, and second dont need digital id if machine is less acurate and less efficiant just a waste of nice gadjets that arent very acurate.Plus for just a little more money you can do land and water were much lost jewlry is. Plus you can hunt in the rain too.Not sure Ace will do that? Its also lighter to swing.Manual states machine is good for allaround use and it sure has been. Also did much better on land than the Ace too in half the time. :thumbsup:

Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The pirate is good for water, afterall it was made for water hunting. However, you will get better results in the water with a PI machine. I am sure the pirate has its shar of ghost signals in salt water...As for the Ace it was made for land. It does what it should on land too!! I have found treasure in dry sand almost a foot down.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't just say one is better and let it go at that. Everyone has an opinion and you know what they are like. Everyone has one. You'd have to do a lot of scientific research to prove it one way or another. Not talking like being a scientist but using scientific method. I have an ACE 250 and it is great for certain applications and preferable by the needs of some people over others. I have other detectors that are better for me most of the time. But if I just want to go coin shooting the ACE is great. I'm sure you have found the detector you prefer and that is great too but is it better than my Safari, or "Bob's" Whiz Bang , not for Bob probably. Glad you found the one for you. Monty

OP
OP
Trackerman

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well fellas my apolgies i was wrong on this call. Ive nearly retired the Detector pro. But the Ace is the winner of the good finds. Guess Garrett did there homework on the Ace.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They all sound like good machines, but I'll stick with my Fisher Price :icon_thumleft: You can tune it to paper and find bills, newspapers and magazines, switch over to minerals and find oil and diamonds, switch to Coin and or jewelry finds, on the golf course I go into PVC mode and find tons of errant shots, move to glass and find those old bottles, the list goes on :headbang:

Bottom line is there are a ton a machines out there that in some cases are better than others, it's all about what you like and feel comfortable using. I keep in mind this is a hobby and I'm not going to make a living out of it :laughing9:

Enjoy the day out and just hope to have decent finds, that is metal detecting to me :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread