WELL ALRIGHTY!

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
I just received this email from Mr. Eugene Moore (DNREC). He is the Wildlife Administrator for DNREC. Although not mentioned, I would recommend that you avoid going into these areas during hunting season for obvious reasons. I will forward this to anyone who would like a copy. My email is p.briggs at comcast.net

Mr. Briggs,
I have searched our laws and regulations and I cannot find any provisions in our code that would preclude you from using a metal detector on our state wildlife areas. There may be statute/code restrictions that may apply regarding the possession of any historical items you may find.

Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 11:54 AM
To: Moore Eugene G. (DNREC)
Subject: Wildlife Areas

Mr. Moore,

Regarding my call on Monday concerning the use of metal detectors during off-hunting-seasons in state wildlife areas; could you confirm that there is no problem? My reason for this request is to have a printed record to show anyone who asks while using my detector in these areas.
Again, thank you very much for your time.

Regards,

Peter Briggs
Felton, DE

Bonkers

Sep 3, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II
Nice Work, I will be emailing you shortly. It's good to have more info for my folder.
Thank you

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i would like one too! very well done! and congratulations to you! i wasnt expecting that reply! ;) :)

OP
OP
Yeasty

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
hollowpointred, shoot an email to me and I will forward it to you.
p.briggs at comcast.net

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread