well detecting

OP
OP
D

double barrel

Jul 11, 2006
here's the fun part!!!it is almost 4 ft. in diameter but capped with a concrete slab. the difficult thing is after they hooked on to city water about 40 years ago they wouldn't spend the money on a septic tank, so they ran the sewage into the well. when it rains the well overflows, we just put a new sewer line in, so what i'm thinking is pray for lots of rain and let it wash the top layer of crap out, literally. i'm gonna take a 100 ft. rope out tomorrow and check the depth.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
If there is a strongbox in there, a quick way to check would be to go "magnet fishing". It would be a quick way to check for metal. Find a magnet with a good lift (approx. 50 or so pounds) tie it to a rope and drop it in. It would be better than send someone down to check. If the rope breaks with the magnet, you really did not lose anything. I would try that first. Hope it helps.

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
Where are you located? Maybe someone close by with an underwater fish cam can help you see whats on bottom. I have an aqua vu cam with 100 foot of cable. It might save you a trip down to the bottom of a well. Swizzle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread