Well it was fun while it lasted

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Back a couple of years ago when I joined this forum I couldn't get enough of it. I spent a LOT of time on it. Trying to find the next good thing to post was what drove most of my hunts, that and a little fun competition with Baldingboy.

But I have noticed a change in the forum over the last several months, that quite honestly I do not like.

I have really tried to figure out what exactly it is that has changed, but it is just the overall "feel" of the forum.

I guess I have decided that when my charter membership is up in a couple of months I won't be renewing it. In a way it's sad but in a different way it is simply part of life. As we go along in life we sometimes have to move on to new and different things.

I just wanted to thank all of you here that are very special to me and those that have helped out in many ways. PBK is a freak of nature (in a good way) Jeff of Pa you have always been fair to me, thank you for that. All of the other too numerous to mention thanks a lot.

A special gretting/farewell goes out to the Rowdy Bunch.

I'm still going to detect and hopefully find good stuff but somehow Tnet just doesn't seem like home to me anymore.

Happy Hunting and good finds.

Larry

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
COWARD Master Eagle my fiend: Get in here and post in the direction that you wish it to take, not run away from us he heh e

Don Jose de La Mancha
:love9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
COWARD Master Eagle my fiend: Get in here and post in the direction that you wish it to take, not run away from us he heh e

Don Jose de La Mancha

I Agree with everything but the "Coward" part.

I'm sure You signed up for the Treasure Hunting part of the forum
also. Please don't be afraid to enjoy it.

JEFF

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to see you loosening your ties with TNet me22. I don't think you are alone in your sentiments.

Several things have happened in the last few months...

- several of us are unemployed
- some have lost lots of $$ due to the economy
- some have lost businesses
- the political landscape has shifted dramatically
- our hobby is on the defensive across the country
- the weather kept a lot of people indoors for a while
...and much more

...in short, a lot of folks are not doing so well and attitudes and opinions are being affected.

I believe this has been the source of a lot of the TNet drama and policy disagreements.

Know this: In times like this we need, more than ever, to stick together. What good are the happy times if we can't stick together in the bad times?

I understand your feelings, but I hope you and anyone having similar thoughts might reconsider.

Beep

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
You know what...I agree with you about how it seems different then before but how does leaving change anything. There are some things on this forum that I don't care for either but I just ignore them. I guess I just don't understand why someone wants to get all riled up and leave. I stick mainly to today's finds and the what is it thread but I always use the "unread posts" tab and look at all the posts. Some I open and read others I just skip.
I guess if folks don't enjoy it anymore they don't have to come back. I know it's just that time of year but why say goodbye when all you have to do is skip the stuff you don't care for. The basic stuff I like, and the reason I keep logging on, are all still here.
I will miss reading your posts as you are one of the reasons i joined in the first place. You and BB had a great little back and forth joking around way with your posts that was always fun to read. I am not trying to put you down or pick on you, I am just tired of seeing so many people get mad or frustrated or whatever and just up and leave.
As far as not renewing your charter membership...If you don't want to you don't have to. I don't have one because I don't use paypal and that is the only way to pay for it. I would gladly give $20 bucks to help out and help keep the site going but hey...I don't have the right type of account to pay for it.
Well anyway, I am sorry to see you go and hopefully you will change your mind. Good luck in your future detecting.

HH Charlie

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
:'( I would hate to see ya go Larry. You do have my email address if you wish to keep in touch and hopefully tell some of the stories of your adventures. Check in here at least occasionally and maybe you will see things change back toward what it is that you are missing?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle, I know just exactly what you mean. it seems the forum has taken a turn to where you are afraid to post anything, especially an opinion or to render advice or even in defense of your good name. It seems that someone always takes offense at about anything you post. I am about to the bailing out point myself, and if it weren't for several good friends I have here I would join you. I have seen a lot of the old timers go elsewhere lately and there must be a reason. Monty

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sorry...maybe I should have worn my deodorant more often... :-[

I'd hate to see you go ME. You are one of those folks on here that made the decision for me to join.

I agree with Monty about some of the character of this forum with being on the defense on what you say and those that have too sarcastic an attitude to be comfortable with. I got burned in a couple of the forum catagories by expressing myself and my personal opinion...then some wisecracker slams me for my opinion.

I only visit select portions of the forum now...safe ones without the politics...even tho I do see politics getting dragged in more and more postings.

I wish you well whatever you do ME...I've enjoyed your presence.

Al

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
One thing is absolutely certain. When the political and religous areas of this forum are shut down then the political garbage and religious bickering come out and find their way into other posts. I have had both sections of this forum on ignore for a few months now and have found that respite to be well and truly needed.

I have really enjoyed posting here and trying to come up with fun ways to tell about my finds was as good as the finds about 98% of the time and I am truly blessed to have such a friend as Baldingboy, on the detecting field and off.

I will continue to give this matter serious thought and consideration before I make the final decison and I appreciate all the kind words and support from each and every one of you.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Master Eagle,

Don't go away mad......just go away!

Just kidding my friend. ;D
I have allways enjoyed the stories you write about your detecting adventures with BaldingBoy! :thumbsup:

My charter membership renewal is coming up pretty quick. I have not yet decided what I will do.
I may need that money to buy beans or bullets. :wink:

Timberwolf

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Took a hiatus for a few years also. But then again I was busy. I'll get busy again and then the idle time will dwindle as will my participation here. Then the cycle will repeat itself. I'd post more right now but got brats to cook.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
mastereagle22 said:
One thing is absolutely certain. When the political and religous areas of this forum are shut down then the political garbage and religious bickering come out and find their way into other posts. I have had both sections of this forum on ignore for a few months now and have found that respite to be well and truly needed.

I have really enjoyed posting here and trying to come up with fun ways to tell about my finds was as good as the finds about 98% of the time and I am truly blessed to have such a friend as Baldingboy, on the detecting field and off.

I will continue to give this matter serious thought and consideration before I make the final decison and I appreciate all the kind words and support from each and every one of you.

HUH, imagine that, those boards are on my ignore list too. I come here to see what people are finding when they metal detect. Stick it out Larry, you will be glad you did (and so will a lot of us). Now I am gonna go see if I can dig up something worth posting...see ya around.

HH Charlie

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mastereagle22 said:

Do like Others do.

Hit Report if Somone Goes into Politics or Religon
on
a Treasure Related Post or Thread.

I Will Happily delete it

& Nobody but You & I Will know who Reported it.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
texastee2007 said:
Lowbatts said:
Took a hiatus for a few years also. But then again I was busy. I'll get busy again and then the idle time will dwindle as will my participation here. Then the cycle will repeat itself. I'd post more right now but got brats to cook.

Are brats tasty? I was wondering what to cook for dinner. Do they go good with fried potatoes and onion?
You don't know this upper midwest staple food group?
Brats and beer
Brats and beans
Brats and anything. On roll, in a bun, in your hand if you're hurried, hun.

Boy oh boy I thought you were the complete woman. Can't imagine MD'ing, football, skydiving, scuba or spacewalks without brats.

Now I know why Mastereagle is leaving.... Not enough brat talk!

Anyone else here have a rockin' 21st b'day at the Brat Stop? A ritual unsurpassed in it's subtle digestive complexity and hearing loss.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PETA Would support that

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Texastee, don't feel like the lone ranger, I was wondering the same thing...maybe add a couple of jalapenos and spread a little salsa on them...rofl

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
mastereagle22 said:
Back a couple of years ago when I joined this forum I couldn't get enough of it. I spent a LOT of time on it. Trying to find the next good thing to post was what drove most of my hunts, that and a little fun competition with Baldingboy.

But I have noticed a change in the forum over the last several months, that quite honestly I do not like.

I have really tried to figure out what exactly it is that has changed, but it is just the overall "feel" of the forum.

I guess I have decided that when my charter membership is up in a couple of months I won't be renewing it. In a way it's sad but in a different way it is simply part of life. As we go along in life we sometimes have to move on to new and different things.

I just wanted to thank all of you here that are very special to me and those that have helped out in many ways. PBK is a freak of nature (in a good way) Jeff of Pa you have always been fair to me, thank you for that. All of the other too numerous to mention thanks a lot.

A special gretting/farewell goes out to the Rowdy Bunch.

I'm still going to detect and hopefully find good stuff but somehow Tnet just doesn't seem like home to me anymore.

Happy Hunting and good finds.

Larry

hey you can't leave. (wink)

Not right to bail on the Rowdy Bunch. We need you to keep Burdie and Noodle in line

I can't drink all that water OLd Goat brings myself and most importantly

Whos BB gonna blame for the window next road trip?

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea what BEF said the Rowdy Bunch we need you..

Attachments

• MSN-Emoticon-145.gif
    MSN-Emoticon-145.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 324

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread