NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
ME, I always enjoyed your views in the rubber room. Even I don't go there much. The first thing I do when I get up in the morning, I sign in to T-Net, I always look for yours and Buckle boy's posts, they are always so entertaining and informative. Sure hope ya don't leave, but if you need a break and want a good coney, we have the best around, at Hefty's coney island here in Redford, Michigan.........NGE

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
texastee2007 said:
Lowbatts said:
Took a hiatus for a few years also. But then again I was busy. I'll get busy again and then the idle time will dwindle as will my participation here. Then the cycle will repeat itself. I'd post more right now but got brats to cook.

Are brats tasty? I was wondering what to cook for dinner. Do they go good with fried potatoes and onion?

Even if you like catsup have mustard on the table and try it both ways.
I think you will be surprised and well pleased. I like them cooked until there
is one crusty stripe down one side . They get lots of crusty stripes on the grill.
My wife cooks them until they are burnt and then doesn't eat any of them.
In our house you like it the way its done or you do the cooking so I'm not
gonna complain about it. siegfried schlagrule

JamesE

Visit Iowa, you'll be glad you're from anywhere else, unless you're from Minnesota of course. (an ongoing regional, poke fun rivalry)
Since this topic has been overrun by foodies, when in eastern IA, Cedar Rapids or Center Point or Solon, go to Jonesies for a tenderloin sandwich. People plan their routes so as to get close to have one. I tell my folks I'm coming back for funerals, graduations, and such, but if Jonesies closes, they'll never see me again!!!
jim

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
When you have moderator members like just-geese bailing out i can understand
your reluctance to hang around. When you have people who think nothing of
removing the forums you like it gets irritatiing. The biggest complaint I have
is folks who insist that other peoples interests should be deleted BUT it's not
my site and no one has asked me my opinion or would care to read it if i
wrote it. THAT SAID I'll stick around and help when i can. I may or may not
renew my charter. In the past I have facilitated other people getting their
charter membership fees paid through my paypal account. I'm not doing
that anymore and it is NOT because anyone stiffed me for the money. All
who asked paid me and did it promptly too. It mainly depends on whether
the entire site starts threatening to go away. May just drop to regular
member and donate if needed. I'll make the decision when my charter banner
goes away. In the mean time the site should jack up the sponsorship charges
because i expect they will be losing a lot of money on non-renewals. If they
truly are being bullied by the sponsors to do all these things they really earned
the extra money they could charge. siegfried schlagrule

JamesE

Dang it, forgot the brats!!
Poke the brats with a fork a couple times to let the fat out, grill on propane or C-coal, doesn't matter which for this, even an indoor skillet OK in the winter.
In a non-stick skillet, use a couple pats of butter, caraway seed, and red pepper flakes, salt, all to taste. Press to drain a can of kraut, the juice is good for hang overs, and fry it 'til it's looking a little dry and brown/caramelized (I also use Thai pepper sauce). Add the brats and heat together covered a while, do not tell your doctor you have eaten this.
This also way good same with hominy and onion. But the hominy doesn't do so well in the bun. For me they both go well with ketchup, can add the ketchup while frying if you like, same as finishing fried chicken.
This will not cure depression, the kraut juice will cure a hangover, kinda' tasty when pokin' in the pantry n' diggin' in the freezer in nut numbin' cold IA Winter.
jim

This has gone so far off topic we are all in danger of being deleted ;D
Friends and strangers will miss you, you never know when what you offer will make a difference to someone else.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Larry, you can't go...you know how much fun you've had. :icon_sunny:

S3012537.JPG

Besides, who's gonna help us with the alien technology! :wink:

S3012486.JPG

Not forgetting to mention Mel

DCAM0004.JPG

Or Mark and Dennis.

indexCA0XS3SK.jpg