Jul 9, 2015
Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett/AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well..this is a first for me. Tax Seal with "Coat of Arms"

I do a lot of searching in the shallow (rocky) waters of Lake Michigan / Lake Huron and have founds a lot of interesting items. I had a day off of work and decided that I was going to put a full 8-hour day with detector in hand...much to my wife's displeasure of course :)

I was in the water as the sun started to rise and, after an hour, had a handful of items extracted (sinkers, brass doorknob assembly, fishing lure and a silver Canadian dime). The rocks in this part of the lake were fairly jagged and can be difficult to remove - as they are typically solidified in place by smaller rocks/sand. When I received another mid-tone my mind immediately thought "large lead sinker"...determined to dig up everthing with a significant tone I started the dig.

I will not bore you with the details but the effort to get this thing out of the rocks was not easy. When I lifted it from the water I instantly knew that it was not a sinker...but had zero idea on what it could be. It was covered in a thick clay/mud coating and I gently washed it away to reveal some of it's detail...

My sincerest thanks to the "What is it" forum of this site for providing their expertise. I am not certain what I will need to dig up to top this one.

Attachments

• honi2.jpg
    honi2.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 138
  • honi.jpg
    honi.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Upvote 20

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread