Wells Fargo Bank Display From The 1940,s

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up this Wells Fargo Bank Display from a yard sale, It came out of the Wells Fargo bank in S.F. Ca. in the late 1950,s . The family that sold it said there father worked as a mover back then, and was moving stuff out of the bank, they told him he could keep it, he had it in storage for over 60 years tell he passed away. The pictures are of Historical places,people having to do with Nevada and the Comstock mine...if anybody is interested its for sale P1030168.JPG ....It has an auction value of $2500 to $3500 by the Victorian auction house in Las Vegas...I would like to trade for a high end metal detector..minelab x-terra 705 or E-track if anybody is interested..

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a sweet find. I love old photographs

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The display is 54" wide 42" tall....the pictures are 11" x 14"... the big one in the middle is 18" x 22"...its huge...cant hang it in my house....the pictures are of Las Vegas in 1904, the First Air plane to fly over the sierra mountains in 1919, the car with the people eating I don't know...the train is on the Virginia Truckee Railway at the Comstock mines , a brick factory where they made the bricks to line the Sutro tunnel with at the Comstock mines , a picture of the bonds the Adolf Sutro sold to help build the tunnel , C st in Virginia City, Nv. Barney Oldfield in his race car the Green Dragon and the opening to the Sutro tunnel . The Wells Fargo museum said it was one of there early History Displays. It took me a year to find out most of that stuff. The Nevada state Historical museum told me what most of the pictures were...one of a kind...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that piece a lot. What material are they mounted on and are the photographs removable without damage? I'm interested in this piece but the size of it makes it hard to ship, no?

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find, I would take it to the Bay Area and sell it, I have no doubt you would get some substantial money for it. Good luck!.......Scott.

OP
OP
J

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was made as a display, so the pictures are glued to a panel inside a panel, a lot of old pictures are glued to some kind of hard card board....I have had a auction house dealer in Las Vegas offer me $1500 for it to sale it out right or he thought it would sale for $3000 to $3500 at auction... but he just wants the pictures...I think it should be kept as it is. the pictures are what they call Sliver gelatin photos from the original negatives from collections around the county as told to me by the Wells Fargo Bank Historical Museum...because of its size it would be hard to ship. I would trade it for a top of the line Detector...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread