diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weeks picking highlights. The P-38 is from the Danbury Mint, one of the propellers needs to be reglued. The wallet reminded me of Ben, lol. The Shimano is the original Bantam 100. The copper sombrero is marked "Pac. Inter. Expo. San Diego, Cal. 1935". The cassette tapes I learned about on this forum years ago and this is the first time I have found any in the wild. They sell for good money as far as cassette tapes go. Not shown are several sets of salt and pepper shakers, an antique imari cup and saucer and a Florida turnpike toll booth shirt that the tollbooth operators used to wear.

DSC07545.jpg DSC07550.jpg DSC07549.jpg DSC07547.jpg DSC07548.jpg

Last edited:

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Reminds me of my first cassette recorder and going to KMart and buying a 10 pack of cassettes as a kid in the 70s. They were dirt cheap back then!

mountainman31.jpg

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge score on the tapes. I always keep an eye out, but haven't hit any of the metal tapes yet either.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice, love the misfits wallet! Be sure to lookout for vintage misfits records, those are worth hundreds and I will probably buy them off you personally!

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Haul. Anyone care to explain why those tapes are selling for so much? I thought everyone was digital.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Haul. Anyone care to explain why those tapes are selling for so much? I thought everyone was digital.

Audiophiles come in different flavors. Metal tapes were more expensive and required higher end cassette decks to take advantage of them, because of that, the percentage of metal tapes sold was probably under 1% of cassettes sold.

Last edited:

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of dollar finds. I will have to try to keep an eye out for the metal tapes...when GibH said he hadn't found any metal tapes yet I thought he was referring to heavy metal..lolo..I didn't know they had "metal" tapes.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice, love the misfits wallet! Be sure to lookout for vintage misfits records, those are worth hundreds and I will probably buy them off you personally!
Thanks, I have an old chain wallet I can replace the chain with, maybe get $10 or so out of it. i'm always looking out for any vintage vinyl punk or anything else out of the ordinary for that matter. Most vinyl lately has been old worn out damaged junk not worth buying.

Like the reel. A buck. Wow!
I found a Shimano Bantam 10x sg with a rod a couple weeks ago, paid $10 for it though. I'll probably keep one and give the other to my son in law. He likes using the little Shimano baitcasters when he fishes for Snook. I know he has a couple broken ones so this will replace one of them. He may end up with both of them, since I don't get out to fish much lately anymore.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that thread is what got me to checking. That is what makes this forum so so valuable. It isn't going to be one thread titled "things to look for", there are simply too many items of value to somebody to house in one thread. It is an ever evolving process and if you are serious about this hobby you read this forum and others like it every day to learn new tips and tricks. You look at countless pictures, pick up books on different collectibles, watch youtube videos.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that thread is what got me to checking. That is what makes this forum so so valuable. It isn't going to be one thread titled "things to look for", there are simply too many items of value to somebody to house in one thread. It is an ever evolving process and if you are serious about this hobby you read this forum and others like it every day to learn new tips and tricks. You look at countless pictures, pick up books on different collectibles, watch youtube videos.

knowledge is certainly power in this game! 50% reading and 50% just doing and learning by trial and error

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions