kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
*ROFL* None of the banks here accept rolled coins, because of people putting lesser-value coins or non-coins into the rolls. EVERYTHING has to go through their coin counteres - and so far, it's entirely without charge.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
JJ: a couple of my branch banks have done away with coin counters and in return accept ROLLED coins. Saves the bank from paying maintainance fees for the equipment, and not having to order change as often. In a way CWR's has it's PROS & CONS. PRO: you can get a small collection of full rolls of silver, sometimes overages in rolls, eliminates coin vendor machines that pulls out silvers. CONS: someone's dump, wrong coins in rolls ( cents in dimes), shortages. In a way, I take my chances & prefer CWR's rather than MWR's most of the time.
Yes, you now have to find another dump bank that has a counter, OR, you can reroll the coins and take them to another branch that accepts rolls. Your choice.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
None of my WF banks has them - there are six branches within about 5 miles of me... So I'm not affected... I re-roll all of my coins manually anyways... I've gotten very efficient at it.

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
All of my Wells Fargos are more than happy to take my hand rolled coins. Here in the Pacific Northwest, I have only found 1 bank that even has a coin counter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread