Went clad hunting for about an hour today with Ace 250...

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Had the baby with me (he'll be 2 in July) and found out that he likes to be my "pinpointer". Did a pretty decent job, too.. other than getting his grubby little hands in the hole and trying to run off with my money!

Anyway, the Ace 250 performed VERY well. One of my hits signaled that long-awaited double beep marking between nickel adn pulltab and I thought for a moment that I might just have found me a ring. Dug the plug and lo and behold it's a nickel laying next to a pulltab! Well, the machine didn't lie to me! I dug very few junk targets, so I was happy.

Out of 6 solid nickel hits, 4 turned out to be nickels and the others were pulltabs. Otherwise, pulltabs marked just that... pulltabs!

Not the best day I've ever had, but it was the best nickel day I've had a in a loooong time. I was very pleased with the results and more than satisified with the Ace 250.

Would have stuck around longer but the boy had other things on his mind.

Attachments

• 051005finds.jpg
    051005finds.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 384
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
yet another satisfied customer! nice job on the clad. has there ever been another detector that has generated this much discussion?

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Best of all you and little one had a good time,They can be so fun to watch. Every thing is TREASURE.HH

F

Floater

I get excited when I find those nickels too. Tells me i am tuned in close for the conditions and that one of those hits could be gold. Gotta love the little one helping ya. He wasnt runnin away with the money either, He just wanted to get it in to the piggybank quicker so he can buy his own detector..LOL HH

P

Pooley

I ordered my ACE250 on Monday, of course I will still keep and use my old whites. Looking forward to breaking her in

OP
OP
B

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Thanks folks! It was a great day indeed! I only hope I get the chance to do it again tomorrow!

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Fantastic finds there beetle. Can't wait until I am a grandfather so I can take the little one out detecting with me. What a great joy you must experience, by the way when does the little one get their own detector?

OP
OP
B

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
He's still a bit too young to swing... still in my "helper" stage ;) . Now my other two kids were in school, but the go and swing with me sometimes. My daughter will be graduating up to my Pioneer 202 this summer, and she's pretty pumped to be using that. The middle son is still working with one of those little National Geographic ones, whihc is nice in a new park with money just under the surface. But he's a boy and easily distracted... especially by the sound of "baseball"!

Thanks for the kind words folks. Was planning on getting out again today, but I think I just had a change in plans!

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I have an ACE 250 and I'm learning to use it. How do you set the MD up for coin shooting?

OP
OP
B

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
One thing you can do right out of the box is set the Program to "Coins" and set your Sensitivity to either 3 or 4 bars (about halfway up the scale). Swing level and evenly, and dig only repeatable tones. Once you get the hang of it, try it out in Relic mode and you will be amazed at the goodies you'll start to dig up! Great machine!

undergrounddrew

Jan 16, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Technetics G2 Fisher F75 Black, Minelab 3030,Minelab X-Terra 705 and more!!!
I ordered a Ace250 today.? Cant wait to try it out.

I can relate to the Family Experience. I had my 9 year old boy digging for me today, my 7 year old boy rocking the Pinpointer and my 6 year old and 8 year old girls carrying the bag and helping make the decisions! (where to search, when to pinpoint etc.), it was big fun.
7 pennies, 11 pull tabs, 3 mail pouch foil packages, a shotgun shell top, a .22 casing a couple of tractor parts and a tire lead weight.
No treasure but Big Fun!
Great Post, good luck.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
beetle662 said:
One thing you can do right out of the box is set the Program to "Coins" and set your Sensitivity to either 3 or 4 bars (about halfway up the scale). Swing level and evenly, and dig only repeatable tones. Once you get the hang of it, try it out in Relic mode and you will be amazed at the goodies you'll start to dig up! Great machine!

Thanks for the good advice. It sounds like I had my sensitivity to high Tuesday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions