Went out for 5hrs today

outdoorgirl

Nov 21, 2006
Eastern NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And didn't get a "BLEEPIN" thing!!! >:( If bottle tops were money though, I would have been rich today! We went to prime spots which happens to be the oldest part of town, but it also happens to be where the drunks roam around as well. (Why is that?) The past few trips out have yielded nothing really but clad, and It's getting a little frustrating! Hoping the next trip out brings me something good.

Upvote 0

the.silver.standard

Dec 10, 2006
Lowell, MA
I know what you mean... two weeks with my new MD and am beginning to get excited when I see any clad. $7 total in clad, 5 keys, and 100,000 pull tabs. I guess I'll continue to use the winter to research spots for the spring!

Hang in there- you are not alone.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
ODG,

we would both be rich if bottle caps and pull
tabs were money.

Keep at it, the finds will come. Try hunting in
locations you enjoy being, don't make it seem
like work. It's only clad, but after a time it adds
up :D

Don't forget it is called hunting, not finding.
Enjoy hunting.

Hope you start finding a bunch ;D

have a good un...........

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to my world...it seems lately the finds are far & few between...but I know there is a pot of gold (or silver, or copper) at the end of the rainbow!

Hang in there and have a happy New Year!

T

TreasureTales

I've had many days like yours. It comes with the territory. Getting skunked is not a good feeling, but at least you got out and tried. Just chalk it up to experience and exercise. Like Sherm says, go where you feel comfortable and enjoy the envirnonment, then a lack of stuff won't matter so much. Better luck to come in 2007.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
I have no idea what your talking about...I always find great stuf..LOL....LOL....LOL...Joe

RED THUNDER

Dec 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Well thats how it goes. You take the good with the bad. Ben there, done that. :'(
Motor on! ;D

Red Thunder

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
ODG,

we would both be rich if bottle caps and pull
tabs were money.

Keep at it, the finds will come. Try hunting in
locations you enjoy being, don't make it seem
like work. It's only clad, but after a time it adds
up :D

Don't forget it is called hunting, not finding.
Enjoy hunting.

Hope you start finding a bunch ;D

have a good un...........

Good advice Sherman. I've had those days girl. Keep at it.

Mirage

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Better than NOT getting out at all. I haven't got a chance to dirt fish for over a month :(

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Stacy, at least you were swinging! I had to move my daughter home from ECU after her graduation 2 weeks ago. I was sure wishing I was out detecting. Going to Bentonville Sat. for a preliminary hunt. If it is productive I'll let you know and we'll hit it together.
Mike

shanko

Dec 6, 2006
Anderson, In.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter pioneer 202
I know how you feel outdoorgirl, I went to a buddys house that dates bak to the early 1900's, and found nothing but old style beer pull tabs & trash. Sometimes finding something is better than finding nothing!

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Ouch 5 hours? Don't give up. I have those days too. Persistence pays off :)

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Been there, done that. I've been hunting a site that had 3 pre-civil war houses on it. I probably have 25 to 30 hours time in the site so far. I've found one clad dime, one memorial penny, a few interesting relics, and enough beer cans that make me consider going into the recycling business. Never give up!! But at least you got out to MD today. I was stuck at work.

Mike

Wolfbite

Jul 22, 2006
Walnut Cove NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hope your next trip gets you a good find.We all had done the same.I stopped by two parks this evening in the dark.Got 7 pennies for one hour combine hunt.But i had fun thats what i'm in it for.HH Wolfbite

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sometimes its the places that look the best or where you expect to find lots...that you find nothing :'(....then you will detect a place that someone says is hunted out and find lots.
The best part of this hobby is just getting out there, being able to hunt and dig and enjoying the outdoors. A day out in the fields or woods beats anyday indoors ,whether you get the finds or not! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread