allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i was sitting here earlier admiring everyone elses nice finds and i had to get outside for awhile and do some detecting .
i got dressed, got my ace and shovel and headed out to my yard where i have found lots of wheaties, some silver and lots of what is its?.
the temp is around 45 degrees, not bad even with the 15 mph winds
first signal was saying 4 to 6 inches, jumping everywheres on the screen, so i knew it was a square nail, dug around 3 to 4 inches and sure enough, it was another square nail.
2nd signal was the same, so was the 3rd, 4th, 5th etc..
i told myself you have lots of laundry left to do, call it a morning, but on the way to the basement, i got a good penny/dime signal at 2 to 4 inches and ended up digging a decent looking 1931 wheatie, no s mint though.
when i get a digital camera and better computer, i'll be posting lots of pics.
have a great day everyone,
Allen

Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
square nails and a wheatie are certainly a lot better than doing laundry!! Congrats on the wheatie!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cynangyl said:
square nails and a wheatie are certainly a lot better than doing laundry!! Congrats on the wheatie!

I'll second that! :D

Great that you got out for a hunt, Allen!

Nana :wink:

JimmyT

Jan 13, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Its always nice to find a wheatie and just getting out there is great. The laundry will still be there when it gets to dark to hunt. :icon_sunny:

Later Jim

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
any day you can hunt in November and December here in this part of the country is an awesome day.... even if you dont find much..... still the thrill is in the hunt!

Randy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread