Western and Eastern Treasures Mag - Worth it?

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many people here subscribe to Western and Eastern Treasures magazine? Is it worth it or is it basically the same as reading the "Today's Finds" section over and over again? The kids and I enjoy reading treasure stories but we would get bored with reading countless stories about how someone found an indian head in a muddy old field.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had read that magazine once, decent stories, but you do get the same here. Why pay for what you can have for free :dontknow:

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
We used to get W&E Treasures in Australia years ago. I used to look forward to it coming out. Haven't seen one for years.

The Cat

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is like everything else that we enjoy. There are hunting, fishing and such magazines that do more than have articles about the big fish or monster buck. They tell about new products, ways to do things that you may never have thought of and the same goes for treasure magazines. Many of us read them because they entertain us. Some people learn something from them.

I once had a friend that would not buy a TH'er magazine because it took away from "his" profit. He is still searching school yards & Tot lots for pennies. It is your loss to not enjoy all the things this hobby has to offer.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Sandman, but I still have enough enjoyment and learn quite a bit from this site. I read their stories and some are short and sweet and some are like reading a fine novel (plebah) Most are very helpful like yourself, and much can be learned through gentlemen like you. You were kind enough to answer me in PM a few months ago and gave great tips and advise, I can't always get that from an article. The best part is that if I either have an idea, or a question about what I have read, I can get almost an immediate reply here. It's not a bad magazine, but I truly prefer the work on this site, thanks to people like you and several others who are glad to share their knowledge. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
mts

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all of the feedback. I think I'll go ahead and subscribe just to see what it's all about. I love getting surprises in the mail anyway!

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been a subscriber for 14 or 15 years now. Even with the information found on the net I think the magazine is worth it. Sometimes it is nice to have a printed copy of our hobby to read when away from the computer.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How can you beat what you find here on Treasurenet every day...................Why not just become a TreasureNet Charter Member too :icon_thumright:...

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, all about the Treasure mag, it has gone up in price to $ 30.00 a year ! Just like the permet you have to have in New York.. on Long Island it is $ 40 .00 for a Year ! but if you go up state new york it is Only $ 20.00 for a year ! Why ?? every day everything is going up ! when will it end like the old days ! :o :o :( :( :(

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All good points! I would also like to add that Western and Eastern Treasures Magazine is one of the biggest sponsors of the Number One treasure hunting web site on the planet, "TreasureNet". So when you subscribe to Western and Eastern Treasures Magazine you are supporting TreasureNet, and when you buy your Charter Membership, you are supporting TreasureNet. :thumbsup:

Tom

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin finder said:
Hi, all about the Treasure mag, it has gone up in price to $ 30.00 a year ! Just like the permet you have to have in New York.. on Long Island it is $ 40 .00 for a Year ! but if you go up state new york it is Only $ 20.00 for a year ! Why ?? every day everything is going up ! when will it end like the old days ! :o :o :( :( :(

Sometimes I think about things in those terms, but then I consider other ways I've spent my money... such as $35 for coffee for 1 week.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nearly every issue has something for me. I like it and will continue to read it. For anybody that doesn't, then don't, your choice.
luvsdux

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
I love the magazine...I have been reading it since I was a kid and although I don't currently have a subscription....it is on the birthday list that I haven't given to my wife yet....lol

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
I had read that magazine once, decent stories, but you do get the same here. Why pay for what you can have for free :dontknow:

It's not about "what can I get for Free?" It is about supporting media outlets that provide a platform for us to talk and learn about our hobby. What you see here on TreasureNet is no accident. And it is not cheap to run.

Just like every decision in life--you can try to get something for the lowest cost possible (Chinese-made, imported, poorly-assembled, low-quality, or whatever...OR you can support your local economy, your neighbor who is a farmer, or products made in the USA). It's your dollar. If you don't support the things you care about, then there is no guarantee that the goods and services you enjoy will always be around.

Anyone who spends any time on this forum should have a charter membership. Where's yours?

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, here's my two bits. I read over 12 mags. a month. Popular science,Popular mechanics, Automobile, Car& Driver,Lost Treasure,Smithsonian, National Geographic -Traveler and Adventure, Popular photography, Shutterbug,Highways, Gold Prospector, Woodworkers Journal, American Heritage, etc,etc. I like to keep on top of all my interests! Here's an important point. I don't pay over $12 per year for any of them!!I wait for the renewal and it is for full price so I can it! Then comes the special value offer. I can that one too. The best offer comes just before or just after your sub. expires and it will usually be around $12. What's happening is the publisher HAS TO keep his publication level up to attract advertising!!They GIVE a lot away to do this also. Some like Gold Prospector & Highways I get Free Because of old life club memberships. Think about it.
6/13/10- Update, I just renewed Popular Photography for 3 years for $24 total. The prices are still dropping!! Renewed Popular Science for 3 years for $23.97 total.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
barber said:
What exactly is a charter membership, what does it cost, and what does it do?

1 Year Charter Membership - Just $20.00 for an entire year!

What do you get?

* Access to our LIVE POSTS page. (just leave a page open and see all posts in real time!)
* Ability to search.
* Access to our Charter Members Only Forum.
* Access to our Who's Online List.
* Access to our Forum Statistics.
* Ability to customize your profile and upload photos. (examples)
* Increase in PM limit from 200 to 1000.
* Our pledge to continue improving this site!

You will also have this icon added to all your posts.... charter.gif

Attachments

• charter.gif
    charter.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 920

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately i will say it is not worth it...i just subscribed last year after an abscence from subscribing to it for appropximately 10 years....most of the regular columns in the magazine that i used to enjoy are now gone(especially The Relic Hunter by Ed Fedory). I have honestly learned more from the kind folks here at Tnet about metal detecting than from the magazine...judging from the shape it is in i will be surprised if it is still around in 5 years..it used to be that i could not wait to open the newest magazine, now i may peruse one as time permits but much of what made it a great one is now gone....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread