Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wet sand/shallow water..my xcal is going in for repairs

Heres my question, my xcal is going in for repairs..which of these two detectors is best for salted beaches/wet sand/ ankle deep water.. I have the Minelab explorer xs.. and the Minelab explorer se? any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: wet sand/shallow water..my xcal is going in for repairs

txkickergirl said:
I just sent my excal in yesterday for a quick checkover and because it looks like on the bottom of the coil you can see a twinge of gold speck which might be a wire. It still was finding everything alright and not bugging out on me, but I rather be safe than sorry and have it checked since it is under warranty.

It was like sending a kid off though, I already miss it, and with the weekend coming up I will be hunting with the seahunter, so here comes bobby pin city, and trash city. I hope ML doesn't take too long.

ML is running about 25 days in MTTR "mean time to repair" from the time they receive detector, if they have all parts needed in stock, if required. Repair time does NOT include weekends or holidays.

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2

With spring break going on being without a detector will make a grown man want to cry.
Someone answer my question i still have months left on my excal i was under the impression that the batterys are not covered after a certain time,but i have know them to be kind and replace a few guys at the shop.
Goodluck if not keep that website i sent cause thats the best way and cheapest.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ronald99 said:
With spring break going on being without a detector will make a grown man want to cry.
Someone answer my question i still have months left on my excal i was under the impression that the batterys are not covered after a certain time,but i have know them to be kind and replace a few guys at the shop.
Goodluck if not keep that website i sent cause thats the best way and cheapest.

I am almost positive if your battery goes out while under warranty they will replace it, unless you have opened it..........

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Alls I can tell you is exactly what Kevin ( pretty sure thats his name, I have his name n info saved) if it is my battery, they will replace it.. as its still under warranty. I have never messed around or opened up anything on my xcal.. so basically thats it, oh and if I have to send it in after the borrowing my friends battery to test it out it could also be my coil or a wire inside the coil.. so either way, I am covered.. and thats exactly what ML told me too, 25 days is the time frame for repairs..

at least I have the xs and se to use in the meantime.. I dont mind at all hunting wet sand only if it comes to that.. Yes, I know not to tip or tilt the machine to get water going up the shaft.. but what detectors I do have other then the xcal will see me thru this repair job if it comes to that. so least I am covered.. I just am not ready to buy another xcal at this time, but I will in the near future...

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2

I wish i had went that way under warranty,do u have to send in machine or just the battery,and its the worst time of year spring break being down 25 days, Talk with the guy in the shop and he might help u out,They did for me when i needed control knobs,
Happy that they will help u out under warranty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread