Weve ALL run into annoying coin marks....but THIS??

fuzymunky

Jul 11, 2012
CO
Detector(s) used
Retired: Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro -------
Active: White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We've ALL run into annoying coin marks....but THIS??

Going through 25c rolls for son's book, National Parks and possible decent-grade ATB (they do exist in rolls :icon_thumright:). I used to do $2,500 a week in halves but it got so boring and in the four years (I'm not kidding) I've done it, I've not found so much as a 40%...so I've given up on that (even the four years of quarters has only netted me 1 single '64...apparently I'm a glutton for punishment, as I continue to look....that is....when I'm not MDing).

Anyway, anyone who has done serious roll hunting has seen that mark. You know what I'm talking about: The black Sharpie bullet hole in JFK's ear (seriously poor taste), the "There's no silver in here!" or "I already got all the silver!" on the rolls, etc.

I came across one today I've never seen before, but had to share. My first reaction was to sit and stare at it...thinking, "Seriously?" Then a small, internal chuckle (and I truly mean small), followed by a long, defeatist sigh. I believe I'm done with quarters as well after this.

Just wanted to share it. If it makes you laugh, I'm glad I could provide comic relief! :laughing7: Personally, my overall response is :BangHead: I believe this is my last box of quarters.

Attachments

• IMG_20120905_124320-1.jpg
    IMG_20120905_124320-1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0
OP
OP
fuzymunky

fuzymunky

Jul 11, 2012
CO
Detector(s) used
Retired: Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro -------
Active: White's DFX 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks more like the work of a bored 7th grader in history class than a dedicated roll hunter to me. Way too intricate to efficiently mark enough coins to serve any purpose.

I'm really surprised at your results with the halves though. I don't know how, but could it be that you're fairly close to the Mint?

Wow....you just hit me in the face with a 2x4......

I live exactly 45 min from Denver.....

So I'm assuming don't even bother then, huh? Crrrrrrrrrrap!!!!!

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coin rules :headbang:

I've marked 5 coins in my lifetime. I marked them to make sure that whoever found one would not be able to resist posting it on tent. I was hoping this was one :laughing7:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In terms of you not finding anything, it is highly unusual to have your results. I mean we all have bad skunk streaks, but silver shows up here and there regardless. Have you been getting from the same bank everytime? I have a feeling you're stuck in a continuous loop of dumps, you need to get your coin sourced from elsewhere and get out of the skunky stream, and into some prime boxes

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
hahahaha, that is far more collectible than a hobo nickel

I was thinking the same thing. Throw that guy on eBay! If people will buy "precision holed 1971 jfk half dollars that you can even see daylight through," people will buy the elusive sparta quarter.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Ok, but that is funny :) I hope you didn't get my rolls, because I dumped some rolls, and had wrote "No silver present. Try again" on them.

Would advise against doing this in the future. The last thing any of us needs is to advertise that silver could be in rolls...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread