What a great deal today!!!!! all for $75

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett freedom III coin commander
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got lucky today and found this beauty!!!
Absolute excellent condition & barely used Garrett Freedom 3 coin commander, 2 extra coils, a sand scoop, small digger, headphones, carry bag, and the original audio cassette tape that came with detector back in 1988.. all for $75 bucks..
Im very excited to go out in the morning with my new toy!!!
:metaldetector::metaldetector::metaldetector::metaldetector:

Garrett-freedom-3-coin-commander.jpg

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WHOA! Awesome find! Heck, the scoop and Lesche are almost worth that alone!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would an Ace 250 or F2 be an upgrade over this? Maybe it would be worth your while to see if you could get around $200-$250 for it on ebay with those extra coils. Then you could turn it into a better machine that would be a bit more suitable for modern hunting.

OP
OP
Xhunter911

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure exactly what I could get for the detector and coils, but I had to snag this detector considering the condition and the extra gear it came with for the price. I'd love to upgrade all my gear, but my wallet doesnt allow it right now. I did find some great coins today with it, and I am very impressed with the way it works! Its a bit heavy, but besides that it does detect coins like a pro...

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Not sure exactly what I could get for the detector and coils, but I had to snag this detector considering the condition and the extra gear it came with for the price. I'd love to upgrade all my gear, but my wallet doesnt allow it right now. I did find some great coins today with it, and I am very impressed with the way it works! Its a bit heavy, but besides that it does detect coins like a pro...
I was looking around online for ya today an the detector by itself without extra coils etc.is around 175.00-200 i would think 300-400 with extra coils would be fair market.. i would thr0w everything together on ebay an 300.00 see where it goes

OP
OP
Xhunter911

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking around online for ya today an the detector by itself without extra coils etc.is around 175.00-200 i would think 300-400 with extra coils would be fair market.. i would thr0w everything together on ebay an 300.00 see where it goes

Wow that would be great to get that kind of money for this detector, although I'd like to use it for a little while to see what it can really do!!!
Thanks Creeper for doing dome research for me thats cool..

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that would be great to get that kind of money for this detector, although I'd like to use it for a little while to see what it can really do!!!
Thanks Creeper for doing dome research for me thats cool..
Not trying to be a jerk but, what it could really do is give you the extra money you need to get an updated detector.
It's 80's technology versus newer 2010's technology... think about that for a minute. I found a nice mint condition Garrett Master Hunter ADS 3 6-7 years back, I sold it along with a Bounty hunter I had for years and bought a Fisher 1280x, used it for a while, sold it for more than I paid and upgraded again. Nowadays I use a Sand Shark since i've been hunting mostly beach and shallow water for the last several years (when I do hunt that is, not as much as i'd like lately). Anyway, there are better machines out there for the same money that you could get for the old dinosaur.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Last one on ebay sold for $125 and it came with the 14" coil. I have no idea how you estimate $200 for the extra coils???

OP
OP
Xhunter911

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you guys for all the replies, but weather I get $125 or 200 for the detector it is still profit if I were to sell it. To me it really doesn't matter if I sell it or not, it was just a damn good deal for the tools and headphones alone..

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very good buy Xhunter, using the small coil it can be used as a good totlot machine in all metal, or a good backup to take a bud out for a day out in the fresh air and sunshine on the face :sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread