jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Was the 2nd person at an "out of the way" Friday yard sale this morning and it paid off!

Saw the ad on CL yesterday and it listed jewelry. I knew it was in a "dumpy" town that isn't really near anything exciting so I figured I would check it out and being on a Friday I hoped competition would be low.

Went straight to the jewelry and saw an open box and a shopping bag filled with jewelry! Started combing through it all and the woman running the sale was very pleasant and chatted with me the whole time. She actually said "there might be some gold in there"! After about 10 mins I picked out a small handful of good stuff and asked how much. She said $2. Well, I decided to try something new. With customers closing in on the jewelry and a STRONG suspicion that there might be more gold in the large bag that I had missed, I asked the woman how much for everything. She replied $20. SOLD!

Got it home and put the pile of 14k I had already picked out aside and even 2 sterling items. I then went through the large bag of goodies and picked out the stuff I had missed. Took almost 2 hours!

Totals:
-23.6 grams of sterling
-1.6 grams of 10k
-9.3 grams of 14k

The pile next to the box was found at the sale and in the box was found when I got home. The pile on the scale was all found when I got home!

Attachments

• jwlry1.jpg
    jwlry1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 119
  • jwlry2.jpg
    jwlry2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! I never find anything but cheap costume jewelry when I look.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, I have done that many times too, buy it all when you see people trying to get in on the action. gl........Scott

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's almost nothing like the feeling of finding "hidden treasure", other than the rush you get when you can see and feel people heading toward what could be yours... That "feeling" of wondering if there is going to be time enough to make a deal, and a deal on your terms.:icon_shaking2:

Great find. Keep up the hunt and postings,

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread