What a joke

jhoff310

Jun 23, 2007
I made my weekly visit to the scrapyard today and was told while I was on the scale that the price had dropped again. This time to $30.00 a ton. was $60.00 a ton last week and $80.00 a ton 2 weeks ago. I did some research online and found that scrap steel is being sold by the scrapyards to the processors for about $450 a ton. Whos screwing who.

I'm holding on to all of my non ferrous. I am NOT going to give it away.

Hoff out

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering about that. THe other day there was a picture of scrap pill bottles on the docks in china, let's say it was a huge mountain of scrap pill bottles. The caption stated the chinese weren't going to do any thing at the present time due the low price of metals and other comodoties.

Do you ever get the feeling we're being screwed by everyone? :icon_scratch:

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
I did some research online and found that scrap steel is being sold by the scrapyards to the processors for about $450 a ton.

Research should allways have a reference.
I believe this figure is very dated , like 2-3 months old.
As I've said on other recent posts, avoid iron and pick up the huge volumes of non-ferrous now lying around. The increase in volume offsets the lower price.
Strangely, batteries are still holding their price.

Also I thought pill bottles were plastic and what this had to do with metal prices.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems the Chinese are our largest buyers of all things we throw out (along with being our largest suppliers). If they aren't breaking and shaking, things are gonna be slow over here. That, and I was really amazed at how large a pile it was, about a city block long and maybe 500 ft tall. That's a lot of small plastic vials.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread