What am I missing?

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Sometimes applying a little imagination can keep the tedious task of digging other than gold or silver coins interesting. I bought several of those blue coin collection folder/books at a yard sale and each clad or copper cent I dig up I clean the date and mint letter and put it in book. I've filled two of the 1975 to present one's and 2/3 of the 1941 to 1974. Also when starting a beginner out in the sport have him look for certain dates like his/her birth date. A sad note tho' is my birth date of 1943 is still empty in the book but the a few of those 43 merc's are in the dime folder. Mostly its finding all the mint letters in a series is interesting. It also helps you date your site. Hang in tho' and you'll be yelling WOW! I found a 74 D.

wharghoul

May 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD
I coin roll hunt a lot, so I've got several rolls of silver dimes put away. However, I've also been detecting for a year (the last 3 months with an Etrac) and I have yet to find an U.S Silver coin. So I can tell you, I'd probably trade a roll of my silver dimes just to see that glint of silver in the bottom of a hole.

It's gotten so bad that I actually buried some silver coins in my test garden and about a week ago I went out and dug them up just so I could see the silver coming out of the hole. :tongue3:

Pretty sure I hold the record for the most hours hunted with an Etrac without finding a d*mn silver dime... :-[

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wharghoul said:
I coin roll hunt a lot, so I've got several rolls of silver dimes put away. However, I've also been detecting for a year (the last 3 months with an Etrac) and I have yet to find an U.S Silver coin. So I can tell you, I'd probably trade a roll of my silver dimes just to see that glint of silver in the bottom of a hole.

It's gotten so bad that I actually buried some silver coins in my test garden and about a week ago I went out and dug them up just so I could see the silver coming out of the hole. :tongue3:

Pretty sure I hold the record for the most hours hunted with an Etrac without finding a d*mn silver dime... :-[

What state are you in? What kind of locations are you hunting?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread