What an awesome first find made with my new Nautilus detector!

Devonrex

Jan 6, 2012
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, Nautilus DMC IIB
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woo Hoo I'm back baby! And what an awesome first find!!! « on: September 23, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »

Got my Nautilus yesterday. Thank goodness! So as soon as the sun was up I was out the door to one of my Revolutionary War sites! I just got in and I am going to add to this post after I shower but I just had to show everyone the first signal I dug.
punk.gif
I didn't find alot but I did manage some good quality rev war and civil war artifacts! The ball is a Rev War 6 inch ball with a wood fuse weighing about 8 pounds. I had found 2 others back in 2003 at this site. The ball was roughly 10 inches deep in the dryest hard packed soil I've seen in a while. I literally had to chip away at the sides of the hole to uncover it. It took forever. 10 feet away from the ball I dug a solid silver oval button or cufflink. This thing is beautiful and no doubt from 1781. It came out just as shiny as you see it in the picture. I don't think there is anything on the front but I'm going to study it more carefully tonight. Found an old housesite from the late 1800's and found the toy horse. Its at least 10 inches long. Also eyeballed a medicine bottle with cork that still has white tablets in it! Back at the turn of the century many painkillers such as morphine(laudinum) and even cocaine were legal. Got 1 dropped 58 minnie, 1 small iron grapeshot, a broken shoe buckle, a silver plated fork, and a few other items. It was fun to get out and believe me I was going stircrazy! Devonrex

Attachments

• SAM_0486 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0486 - Copy.JPG
    335.7 KB · Views: 163
  • SAM_0491 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0491 - Copy.JPG
    326.4 KB · Views: 205
  • SAM_0492 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0492 - Copy.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 190
  • SAM_0513 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0513 - Copy.JPG
    239 KB · Views: 199
  • SAM_0499 - Copy.JPG
    SAM_0499 - Copy.JPG
    266.5 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 2

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
amazing finds. love the horse. does the ball still have the wood fuse? can you show a pic of it?

Joe Dirt

Sep 22, 2012
Silvertown, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Sun Ray DX-1 Probe, Vintage late 70's Radio Shack junker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool horse! Medicine bottle is very interesting too & any silver is good silver especially 1700's silver! Great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread