what are the rules again?

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
i know its on here somewhere and i looked for it and cant find it and cant make sense of the legal lingo online.. im doing research on a site called bismarck farms which has a historic marker on site but thats all it is. its an old house that someone currently lives in am i good with permission of the landowner? also im researching a site called ben ficklin which is on the same river as the farm but has an unknown location. a local map was never made just a few state maps but not specific enough. it was the county seat at one time but was destroy'd by a flood. they say a mile wide. so does anyone here detect around rivers and what do you think my chances are as far as depth would go. would everything be to deep because of silt an stuff from the flood or i guess is there only one way to find out......thanx

OP
OP
nyiangelo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
:director: hello? i know your there.. jk well i know some of you guys that search camp logan in houston and it has a historic marker on site so im sure its ok or there's a dont ask dont tell. my only reason is because if i ever put together something that i want to display at the fort here or the museum i know there pretty strict on rules...

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I dont think the marker makes a difference but I may be wrong. If it is private property and almost every square inch of Texas you need to get permission from the land owner before you start 'tecting. Just my 2 cents. TMAn...

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
People shoot first and ask later around her. Always a must to ask for permission on peoples private property.

OP
OP
nyiangelo

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
yea i guess so. it all sounds like a great place to hunt. the hard thing is nobody know the exact location of the town. then throw in a flood a mile wide. i got permission from one site where the guy said he dug his septic tank 6 ft down to hit rock and at 6 he found a chiseled piece of limestone. so its hard to know how deep the flood buried most of the stuff. but a cool thing about the man the town's named after is that Ben Ficklen once owned the Monticello but lost it when we lost the war. He was also arrested for the assassanation of honest abe but later realeased. so anyways if im lucky enough to find something ill post it..... thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions