What are two of your best accomplishments in your life?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
my daughter and son. :thumbsup:

other notible good things ? I've done --saving a kid from a bad car wreck --saving 5 men at sea from a sinking vessel --

Notable and noble for sure, but I still don't see that as being an accomplishment in the true sense of the word. I believe I have also saved perhaps 2 lives through using first aid, but that is not an accomplishment, it's only a good deed. To me an accomplishment is setting out to do something, especially when the deck is stacked against you and you prevail. I think my earlier example speaks to this about the artist with no arms. I know of another, that I had nothing to do with. It was a man that had built a bungalow colony and made all the houses from field-stone.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
in that vein spart-- i fought what i knew to be wrong -- my union was a sell out to the companies -- i had a legit complaint -- that i filed to get redress for -- my job i was supposed to get was "illegally" awarded to a company pet rat of a guy-- the odds were totally against me * the union wasn't protecting me , the company was lying and against me --and as a plus --the two of the got to pick the "abitor" of my case between em -- bottom line --i lot my "case" ---but while there at the hearing * I got ahold of paperwork that "proved" that the company officals were lying under oath * ( much the same as lying in a court of federal law) --i showed it to the union atty --they said at the time uh you will win -- no need for that to "rock the boat" as we have to deal with these folks all the time ---

well after I got the "we did our best but you lose" letter -- i sent both the company and the union a copy of the "smoking gun letter" I got at the hearing with a promise that if i did not get my rightfully owed money in 72 hours --it would be to the feds i go --and that i would sue the union for failutre to represent , the company for lying and violating my rights to a fair honest hearing, that i would talk to the bar about the union atty tanking my case by not addmitting the evidence and with a bit of luck all of them would be behind bars ,for comspiracy in working to gether to screw me and the abitor as well for not exzaming the record (the letter was in papers submittedduring the case and agreed to by both sides --union and company) --and i was going to sue the abitor as well for not reading the evidence admitted --it was clear once one read the letter what was going on -- 48 hours later --i had my check for the 2 months wages (it came "overnight" mail) -- the money i would have made had i got the "relief job"-- i told them -- no "get even" later on --since my "proof" does go away either ---pay me my rightful money and we all go back to being "freinds" again.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
in that vein spart-- i fought what i knew to be wrong

Now that is an accomplishment. I wasn't trying to be a B breaker in my post and I always enjoy reading your comments and stories. For some reason this topic just struck a raw nerve with me. We seem to water down the true meaning and usage of words.

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010
ivan salis said:
in that vein spart-- i fought what i knew to be wrong -- my union was a sell out to the companies -- i had a legit complaint -- that i filed to get redress for -- my job i was supposed to get was "illegally" awarded to a company pet rat of a guy-- the odds were totally against me * the union wasn't protecting me , the company was lying and against me --and as a plus --the two of the got to pick the "abitor" of my case between em -- bottom line --i lot my "case" ---but while there at the hearing * I got ahold of paperwork that "proved" that the company officals were lying under oath * ( much the same as lying in a court of federal law) --i showed it to the union atty --they said at the time uh you will win -- no need for that to "rock the boat" as we have to deal with these folks all the time ---

well after I got the "we did our best but you lose" letter -- i sent both the company and the union a copy of the "smoking gun letter" I got at the hearing with a promise that if i did not get my rightfully owed money in 72 hours --it would be to the feds i go --and that i would sue the union for failutre to represent , the company for lying and violating my rights to a fair honest hearing, that i would talk to the bar about the union atty tanking my case by not addmitting the evidence and with a bit of luck all of them would be behind bars ,for comspiracy in working to gether to screw me and the abitor as well for not exzaming the record (the letter was in papers submittedduring the case and agreed to by both sides --union and company) --and i was going to sue the abitor as well for not reading the evidence admitted --it was clear once one read the letter what was going on -- 48 hours later --i had my check for the 2 months wages (it came "overnight" mail) -- the money i would have made had i got the "relief job"-- i told them -- no "get even" later on --since my "proof" does go away either ---pay me my rightful money and we all go back to being "freinds" again.

I congratulate you! Glad you came out a victor as you well deserved. :icon_thumleft:

Some want to take their money to their graves, others take their morals. I wonder how much it costs to get into heaven? :wink: (no religious offense, just a saying I use)

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to revisit this. BIG61AL, you ain't no failure, as you had me on ignore for awhile, which was probably a smart move. PChammer, you done good, and if y'all ever get up this way you're welcome at my house. We'll take the kids fishin and have a large time. Spartacus, there ain't no such thing as normal circumstances any more I think. If you raise a family and they turn out alright, I suspect that's an accomplishment these days.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Spartacus, there ain't no such thing as normal circumstances any more I think. If you raise a family and they turn out alright, I suspect that's an accomplishment these days.

I can see your point RGINN.. and there is a good deal of truth in it, so there is no need for debate. I guess I was just raised with certain expectations you had to fulfill without even thinking about it.

P.S. I think BIG61AL had 1/2 of T-Net on ignore :laughing9:

Old Town

Aug 18, 2010
Key West
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
Staying single and working with the homeless population in Key West along with the animal shelters.

OT

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know "Don Josea" served in the armed forces flying in WWII and I think that is one hell of a success story to come home in one piece. Heck, he's a darn hero in my book. I know him well enough from just paling around on here that spending his life not working meant doing work he enjoyed instead of being stuck in a rut like many of us. You ain't fooling me Rialdi (my pet name for him). Monty

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lincha
* United States Offline
Iowa
View Profile
Email
Personal Message (Offline)
Ignore

REPORT POST / Nominate For Banner

What are two of your best accomplishments in your life?
Posted Jun 02, 2010, 06:27:28 PM

Reply with quoteQuote
The two things that stand out in my life are the following: The first my five daughters. They are my babies, even though they range from age 21 to 28. I am proud of my girls, strong women. The other is more of a happening but I view it as an accomplishment because of what happened. One day I was in a bar on a warm summer night. I was with a group of friends and we were laughing and having a good time. Across the room I saw a man sitting by himself, drinking a beer, nobody around, he looked sad. I went over to talk to him, he told me he was going through a divorce, had lost his children to the soon to be ex wife. I told him that life turns on a dime, that he needed to cheer up. Don't remember what else we talked about just that I tried to make him feel better. He asked me why I had come to talk to him, since he was a stranger to me. I told him that he had just looked so sad, and that I had just wanted to say hi. I asked him if he wanted to join my group of friends, he smiled sadly and said no, that he was going to finish his beer and leave. Two months later at another bar, this man comes up to me gives me a hug and kiss on the cheek, he laughed and said you don't remember me do you. I told him that I did remember talking to him. He asked a woman over and introduced her to me. He said to her honey, remember about the woman I told you that saved my life, this is her. He told me that he was going to commit suicide that night but because I talked to him I gave him the motivation to hold on that night, and the nights that followed. He told me that his life had changed, just like I had told him that life turns on a dime. He had a new girlfriend and was seeing his kids again as it had been worked out in his divorce. So I guess we all need to remember that sometimes we make a big impression on somebody's life and sometimes we don't even know it. Kindness goes along way in this world. While bad my come to us, nobody knows what is around the corner, we need to fight to live tommorrow, don't give up because of a bad period in our lives. These two things are the things I am proud of in my life.
Not worthy :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
other than fathering my 2 great kids -- divorcing my 1st wife --and marrying my second one :wink: :icon_thumright: would rate up there.

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
:hello2: Meeting my wife, marrying her, having 3 kids with her, and still being able to just sit down with her and have a conversation and dream together. Continuing to better my relationship with my wife always. 1 Daughter, Daughter, Son is second

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just noticed your question Lincha. Well, I guess I didn't really "become" anything. I'm somewhere between a caterpillar and a butterfly. Ugly as all get out and still can't fly. ;D

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I just realized I only posted my sons, who I am proud of.

Other accomplishment is not being caught getting rid of their mother.
(Treasure hunters and Geocachers know all the best spots to hide bodies.)

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Surviving kindergarten, and accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal saviour...........NGE

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread