What are two of your best accomplishments in your life?

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
The two things that stand out in my life are the following: The first my five daughters. They are my babies, even though they range from age 21 to 28. I am proud of my girls, strong women. The other is more of a happening but I view it as an accomplishment because of what happened. One day I was in a bar on a warm summer night. I was with a group of friends and we were laughing and having a good time. Across the room I saw a man sitting by himself, drinking a beer, nobody around, he looked sad. I went over to talk to him, he told me he was going through a divorce, had lost his children to the soon to be ex wife. I told him that life turns on a dime, that he needed to cheer up. Don't remember what else we talked about just that I tried to make him feel better. He asked me why I had come to talk to him, since he was a stranger to me. I told him that he had just looked so sad, and that I had just wanted to say hi. I asked him if he wanted to join my group of friends, he smiled sadly and said no, that he was going to finish his beer and leave. Two months later at another bar, this man comes up to me gives me a hug and kiss on the cheek, he laughed and said you don't remember me do you. I told him that I did remember talking to him. He asked a woman over and introduced her to me. He said to her honey, remember about the woman I told you that saved my life, this is her. He told me that he was going to commit suicide that night but because I talked to him I gave him the motivation to hold on that night, and the nights that followed. He told me that his life had changed, just like I had told him that life turns on a dime. He had a new girlfriend and was seeing his kids again as it had been worked out in his divorce. So I guess we all need to remember that sometimes we make a big impression on somebody's life and sometimes we don't even know it. Kindness goes along way in this world. While bad my come to us, nobody knows what is around the corner, we need to fight to live tommorrow, don't give up because of a bad period in our lives. These two things are the things I am proud of in my life.

DBFISHER

Apr 21, 2009
Elkhart, IN.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA350 , Fisher F-70
Damn! can't compete with that accomplishment. the only thing i've got is my three girls and that i'm 44 and still kicking and healthy.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hmmm, I don't have any... Can I use someone I know, or make one up :dontknow:

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
It would be hard to say as I rescued people from fires and rode an ambulance from 73 to 99, that was my job.
I did do mouth to mouth rescue breathing on both my kids when they were tiny babies, revived my grandfather doing rescue breathing. He had a massive heart attack in his hospital room after major surgery.
After reviving him he chewed my arse for almost an hour after telling all the doctors to get out of his room and let him die.
Short time later he died in my arms.
Anytime anybody saves another persons life in any capacity is a huge deal to me.
Thanks Lyncha and all the others who have done something to save another life.

OP
OP
lincha

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Bbqbull sounds like twenty plus years of your life have been a big accomplishment. Your whole life as a firefigher was such a huge service you should be very proud of your life. Warmest regards, respect, Linda.

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant give you just 2 but I can give my best 4...

Attachments

• moms camera 5-23-10 491.jpg
    moms camera 5-23-10 491.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 699
OP
OP
lincha

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Beautiful family Mike, thanks for sharing that moment of your life in the picture.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI, yes, being born, and successfully avoiding work most of my life.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Bravo Don Jose, I was looking in the wrong place for accomplishments and never thought of "avoiding" anything as one, but that certainly is... Again, bravo!!! Now I have so "many" accomplishments, I don't know where to start :laughing7:

trikikiwi

Silver Member
Oct 5, 2006
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa said:
HI, yes, being born, and successfully avoiding work most of my life.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Dear Don Jose, if you have successfully avoided work 'most of' your life - do you consider you are successful in life?
How?

Mike

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are "My 3 Sons"
Proud of them.
Grey

Attachments

• weddingbros.jpg
    weddingbros.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 636

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two best accomplishments. My son Walter David Willard and my daughter Katherine Deonna Lee. (as if I had anything to do with how they turned out.)

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Triki Mike: You posted -->Dear Don Jose, if you have successfully avoided work 'most of' your life - do you consider you are successful in life?
How? Mike

Shucks Kiwi Mike, by successfully avoiding work, I was given freedom to look for treasures and adventures.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. apol for such a long delay in answering your post Mike, but I hadn't been bk until this morning.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my grown up children and my wife putting up with me for 38 years and counting.
take care and be safe out there. ron

don jose, how are you my friend? hope that you are doing well.
ron

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010
Well, through my family history, including my great grandparents, abuse to the children and each other were common and horrible. It didn't stop with me or my sister, I had been beaten and stabbed by my real father, my parents divorced and I moved to a strange place which is no longer strange but with an abusive alcoholic father in law and mother and tolerated it for years. Was taught to hate sports, anyone who had more money than we did, education, news, and anything besides the alcoholic ring that was my step father's family. My wife went through all sorts of abuse, far worse than mine, manic depressive, suicidal, mother, child molesting father, locked in closets for days until rescued by a neighbor, later to have to raise her sister and brother. The family history didn't change. Either one of us graduated high school.

After we met, we completed school on our own, didn't turn to crime or abuse our children, quit any alcohol in our late teens due to our first baby, didn't want him around the stuff, worked hard "even if not getting very far", bought a house, remain honest people, don't like drama or indulge in it, still have faith in god and most of all we now have 3 wonderful kids, one just graduated high school with numerous college degrees, will be attending 4 years of college in part to be a network administrator, another son who is 11 soon 12 and is doing well and is great at baseball and an all around caring, polite child. My 5 year old daughter has been, since 3, bent on taking care of all sorts of animals and already studies bugs, she wants to be a veterinarian and insists still that she will be.

So our accomplishments were, finally after all these years, we call it "breaking the cycle" of abuse, divorce, alcoholism, and much more, so our children would not fall victim to the same. We are still together after 19 years and going and passed all the divorces in the family by double so far. We didn't use our past as an excuse to continue the same road so many do, it's easy to stay on that path but much harder to take another. We forgave those who caused us grief, although we do not talk to them and yet, would not change our pasts for anything. I have learned to appreciate things most others can't even see that are in front of them. If this much good came from it, why would I despise anything I've been through? I won't.

OP
OP
lincha

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Wow pc you and your wife, are the good ones, so hard to do sometimes with all that is thrown at us but stories like yours are the ones that give other people hope in this messed up world. I am so glad you have a happy home, I am still looking for mine.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PChammer said:
Now that is what you call an accomplishment, bravo :hello2:

Sorry, but I really don't see raising a family under normal circumstances an accomplishment in the true sense of the word. Heck, even I did that. A story like PChammer's is a real accomplishment, much like someone with no arms learning to paint like a master with their feet.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
my daughter and son. :thumbsup:

other notible good things ? I've done --saving a kid from a bad car wreck --saving 5 men at sea from a sinking vessel --

PChammer

Jun 11, 2010
Thanks for the wonderful remarks. I do feel that all good accomplishments are something special and cannot be compared. :icon_thumleft:

I don't have any...I am a total failure at everything....

No such thing unless you give up on yourself. You have likely made a difference in someone's life without even knowing it, the little things can mean the most, trust me. We are losing our home that we worked very hard for, next month it's gone due to circumstances we couldn't control but we all feel as long as we are together as a family, that's what matters, we will move on. So that may be considered a failure in many peoples' eyes, we consider ourselves lucky because we are still healthy and here. Some of the best things happened from our failures so what is a failure besides something that didn't go the way we wanted it or others thought it should go? So no, you are not a failure.

my daughter and son. thumbsup

other notible good things ? I've done --saving a kid from a bad car wreck --saving 5 men at sea from a sinking vessel --

That is awesome :icon_thumleft: I would really like to hear the story behind those, it's great to hear good things these days!

Paul

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread