Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am curious, when hunting what exactly are you after? All metal detectorists go after completely different things, some just hunt to hunt and don't really care what they come across, but some people are after that specific item! So what is it that you want from metal detecting? My Dad and I are kinda the "Anything" kind of hunters, we just love being out there together and having the thrill of the find and not knowing what it is. I have posted a poll to help track, if you choose "Other" please state what it is.

HH,
Rich

Last edited:

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost it, left it or thrown away... It tells a story... Who, when, how... I may not even know what it is: All I know for sure is where I found it! For me it is about hunting and the potential to find something cool with a story to tell! Not having found anything of great value, enough to pay for the hobby would be nice... But I don't need it to have fun...

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I go out the door expecting to find "something" and I'm never disappointed!
It would be thrilling to find old coins, silver, gold, relics, gold bars, pirates chest, some odd thing, ect. I am happy with Just MD'ing.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure !

images.jpg

& since treasure Can be in the Eye of the Beholder,
I haven't been let down often.....

and.....

Riches Beyond Belief

Untitled.jpg

Still Looking

Last edited:

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Early American history mostly. I love researching old maps and articles at the library, pinpointing a location, then finding out my research was correct by unearthing something that directly relates to said location. Gets my heart pumping every time. My wife thinks I'm nuts and used to believe the beach guys were weird, now she wants me to get in the water for at least they find gold!

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
None of the above. My metal detector is just an excuse for me to look at bikinis.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
None of the above. My metal detector is just an excuse for me to look at bikinis.

I never really got into looking at bikinis

When "Looking" It's always been what doesn't fit in them that mattered to me :thumbsup:

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to find a skelatal hand with a gold ring on every finger and a honker bracelet too.I shall display this hand above my fireplace like some might with a taxidermy mount.Yup thats what I want and I aint quittin till I get one

cheers

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to find a skelatal hand with a gold ring on every finger and a honker bracelet too.I shall display this hand above my fireplace like some might with a taxidermy mount.Yup thats what I want and I aint quittin till I get one

cheers
Really?

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yup...doesnt everyone ?

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to find a skelatal hand with a gold ring on every finger and a honker bracelet too.I shall display this hand above my fireplace like some might with a taxidermy mount.Yup thats what I want and I aint quittin till I get one cheers

My father says he wants to find a hand and valuables hahaha. Y'all would get along well. I search for relics Mainly, they tell a story and are very historical. Local relics are the best. Coins are a close second though. I like finding coins because I know the exact date whereas you put a time range on relics. Of relics I love to find Civil War and Revolutionary War relics. Buttons and bullets are also favorites

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my best friend once found a devil hand. No lie.

We were 5 yrs old, digging to China besides a phone pole, near where my dad had buried a kitten that had got runned over.
We got down about a foot, (which for a 5 yr old is like, almost there), when we uncovered this long spindly fingery looking root system.
We both froze all wide eyed, then started screaming, "it's the devil, he's coming up to get us", and we took off running! :laughing7:

we never played by that pole ever again after that! :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Golden bikini's..

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm leaning toward the "anything' answer, but really it's just the thrill of the hunt, an excuse to be out away from the couch. And regardless what I find, if anything at all, I'll know more about the place than I did before.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I voted for anything historic but that could be coins too now couldn't it? I guess I like a little bit of everything.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
the thrill of the hunt, the hunt of the unknown, whether rich in history or rich in value, and for the just "cool" finds. of course no gold or silver with be turned now... well... no coins either for that matter, especially the old ones! you just don't know what the day holds for you until it is over and the expectations that arise as you hit that target, the questions, the hopes and then of course the reality! I like the really good surprises, they tend to push you to the next hole.

OP
OP
Locozilla

Locozilla

May 1, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
Ace 250
White's TRX
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am kinda surprised there are no votes for War Relics, I figured that would be a popular one. My Dad and I both have "Dream" finds, like finds we talk about finding on every single hunt, lol. Mine is a George Washington Button, and my Dads is a Mason Jar full of Silver. We always make fun of each other about them, it's a hoot.

HH,
Rich

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread