What detecter should i get for Alaska?

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Im going on a vacation to Alaska at the beggining of next june. I know theres got to be lots of gold up there and treasures. Anyone here from Alaska? What detector would you recomend? Maybe something for finding gold nuggets? I looked a bit at kellyco metal detectors website and have decided i would like to spend no more than $100. Anyone know of a good website or a good detector for Alaska? Thanks for the help everyone!

-CC

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Hey, CC—

You might try asking Ron Wendt, an Alaskan whose done a ton of nugget hunting and prospecting, and written many articles and books about it. He's definitely one of the good guys! You'll find contact info at his website:

http://home.gci.net/~goldstreamalaska/

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks PBK! I just emailed him. I cant wait to here back. Thank you! :D

-CC

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
definitely a whites mxt which is multipurpose and excelant for gold or was that the minelabe xterra 50 or 70. all would do well. One of my dads buddy's went up their this summer, suggested the mxt, he bout a GMT now he doesn't really have a unit for local hunting

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd also suggest you get Johnny Horton's old song "North to Alaska" (1960) and listen to it many times before shipping out.

Badger

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Thanks for the replies. Badger, that song sounds familiar for some reason, i will have to check it out. THANK YOU!

-CC

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
WOW! Thank you mrs.oroblanco!!! Thanks for all of the tips and ideas. I will be sure to let my parents know about the car and the cigarets, i dont smoke or drive yet. Next year i can drive though. I will do some research on those detectors, but do you know of one that might be good at $100 or under? Were going to Alaska from the 2nd or 3rd week in june to the 4th week of june or the 1st week of july. Im not quite sure where in Alaska were going yet but i will let you know when i find out. I'l be sure to take lots of pics. I cant wait!!! This will be my first time in Alaska!!! Thanks again, good luck and HH!

-CC

OP
OP
coolcash2004

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
LOL! Thanks DM. I guess with the luck and skill i just have to scoop up some dirt with the bent hangers and a gold boulder should get lifted up. I tell you what, if i find a gold boulder (over a pound) i will send you $100.00 ok? Thanks! Lol...

-CC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions