Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey everyone, i went to the tip today too get rid of some rubbish. well i spotted an old club sofa just a edge of the land fill and i think the sofa was from the 1930s.so i set about destroying it with a 5kg hammer.well i found 2 copper pennies 1954 and 1924 silver threepence 1916 and a small pocket watch from the 1960s looks like a reproduction.before i took the sofa a part i sat in it just to see how comfortable it was.gee it was great but if i took it home , my wife would have hit the roof and me

tinpan

Attachments

• chouch001.jpg
    chouch001.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 417
  • chouch002.jpg
    chouch002.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL tinpan, you should have took it home anyway.

just tell her it was TOO Comfortable to leave behind :D

a True Treasure Hunter, Congrats on the Finds.

Jeff

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WTG! Hard to believe that folks throw stuff like that away without checking it out first. Guess they don't all think like we do! ;) Great finds!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Good decision not to bring the sofa home, your wife might have stuffed you under the cushions ;)
Great finds, amazes me what folks over look.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
That's a good idea, I never would have thought to check under the cushions. I knew a guy who worked in an auto salvage yard once and he said you wouldn't believe some of the stuff they found stashed in cars they got to scrap out.

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
diamondjim said:
Do you normally take a sledge hammer with you to the land fill? :-) Or do you just normally carry one anyways, in case you run across stuff in need of smashing?

Nice finds in the old sofa!

LOL, I do, I take a sledgehammer wherever I go. You never know when you may need one...

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone. yes i take a 5kg hammer and a wrecking bar when ever im out and about.how many times have we all been out and found somethink but didnot have the right tools.jim somethinks are to hard to headbutt lolol

tinpan

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
TINPAN, Nice Recoveries, I Have Dismantled a Few Pieces of Old Furniture Myself, But Have Not Found any Old Coins or Jewelry. trk5capt...

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,

LoL, thats a funny one...

diamondjim said:
Do you normally take a sledge hammer with you to the land fill? :-) Or do you just normally carry one anyways, in case you run across stuff in need of smashing?

Nice finds in the old sofa!

I carry some strange things but not those. Would the stuff not go flying if bashing something apart? I always wanted to search old cars for stuff.

Great finds, Keep @ it and HH!!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was great...I remember my friends dad did upholstery and found lots of things when he reupholstered the furniture way back in the 70's.
Great!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions