What do you consider a good day of detecting.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just curious what others would consider a good day of metal detecting. And I'm talking about finds. I'm not looking for the answer: I just enjoy getting out. I'm really curious about what others consider a good days worth of finds.

For me, if I come home without AT LEAST 2-3 silver I am probably not in a great mood. Yeah, I'm in a good mood because I got out and had fun, but as far as finds go it's a disappointment. I would also consider 5+ Indian Heads a good day as well.

Of course this question also depends on where you live. I am in the midwest, so I can't find the old coppers like the guys out east. If I were out east I would be wanting older finds.

But a day without some good silver makes me wish I had spend the time detecting at other spots.

A day full of clad and nothing old would personally disgust me. And thankfully, that rarely happens.

When out in the water a gold or silver ring in the bottom of my scoop makes me smile.

Upvote 0

treasureace14

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
ace250
bscofield6 said:
I was just curious what others would consider a good day of metal detecting. And I'm talking about finds. I'm not looking for the answer: I just enjoy getting out. I'm really curious about what others consider a good days worth of finds.

For me, if I come home without AT LEAST 2-3 silver I am probably not in a great mood. Yeah, I'm in a good mood because I got out and had fun, but as far as finds go it's a disappointment. I would also consider 5+ Indian Heads a good day as well.

Of course this question also depends on where you live. I am in the midwest, so I can't find the old coppers like the guys out east. If I were out east I would be wanting older finds.

But a day without some good silver makes me wish I had spend the time detecting at other spots.

A day full of clad and nothing old would personally disgust me. And thankfully, that rarely happens.

When out in the water a gold or silver ring in the bottom of my scoop makes me smile.
i half to find more treasure than trash and im happy.

UTcoinshootR

Mar 5, 2008
UT!
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, DFX300
Any silver coin, wheats, gold/silver ring, old token, old tags, and/or lots of quarters for gas rebate.

kdismuke1

Silver Member
Jun 14, 2007
georgia
Detector(s) used
garrett 1500-ace 250-garrett ads groudhog deepseeker
WHEN YOU GET HOME. YOU DON'T GET THE QUESTION. WHERE THE H--- HAVE YOU BEEN. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions