What do you do with all of your "stuff"?

TrpnBils

Jan 2, 2005
Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I display mine through out the house on the wall, on top of antique tables i own, in show cases,etc.. but lot is just packed up in boxes in storage unit...

Last edited:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have an enclosed porch that is for displaying everything I find, and also for sorting through my finds and for some of the restoration processes. I hang as much as possible, EVERYWHERE! using either short coarse drywall screws or small cuphooks.
Small, like items are displayed in jars or found containers like old pots. I have a curio cabinet for my prized finds. Things
not worthy of display are grouped and stored in pails, totes, etc.
Also, some of my nicest relics are around the house, or are framed. Displaying my finds is half of the fun. These two pics showing a section of my relic room are a few months old but give you an idea of how I display things.

Attachments

• DSCN0005.JPG
    DSCN0005.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
  • DSCN0006.JPG
    DSCN0006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 170

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep piling everything up in the safe deposit boxes. This is just some of it.
When I went and visited my stuffs, the lighting was bad and I couldn't get good pics.

I only sell, if I need money for something, big(like a car or property). Otherwise, I call it my 401k plan. :laughing7:

rings1.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I went and visited my stuffs, the lighting was bad and I couldn't get good pics.

I only sell, if I need money for something, big(like a car or property). Otherwise, I call it my 401k plan. :laughing7:

View attachment 861516
Nice collection!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dr94, that's just a small part of it. :laughing7:
Maybe next visit, I'll remember the magnifier and try to get ya'll some more pics.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Geeze Pat, that's a nice load of gold you got there.

I don't get to keep mine very long. I've got daughters that keep me cleaned out of shiny baubles.

The scrap metal goes into the recycle bin. The coins get used. The old junk is passed off at Christmas as 'valuable antiques' (nicely wrapped of course)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also scrap the lesser metals, too. The old coins that won't clean up to spend, I keep a coffee can(plastic) of them in the trunk of the car.
Them parking meters and vending machines take that change just fine! LOL!

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
This is how I store nearly ALL of my finds.... Cuz scrap is all I find...
PEACE
scrap bins.jpg

Last edited:

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, about all I will admit to is about 200 pounds of pennies, with copper comprising the vast majority. I have to keep it well hidden, as folks about these parts steal copper pipe out of houses to make ends meet!

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
That's awesome - just out of curiosity, how much does detecting usually contribute to a full barrel?

TrpnBils, Hard to say- The iron barrel is 80% MDing trash-and fills in about a year- but I generally pick it all up and any unidentified goes in there. The iron barrel weighed about 1,000lbs last time witha lot of RR tie plates in it. (that's kind of a guess cuz I weighed on the recyclers trailer scale.) The coppers still at half full after 3 yrs.... Aluminum barrels gets cans from the house too- so about 10% is MD trash. Never taken one of them in but i got two closed barrels off camera that are 4-500 lbs each (including engine block and other alum scrap). Also, there are two cat litter buckets under the shed- one for lead and one for brass/bronze. BTW- they all require a backhoe to move when full! - and the scrapper trades me new barrel for old.
Good Luck

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well this may sound odd to some people, I store old coins in pint sized mason jars, and when one fills up I bury them on a piece of property I own, so when I pass on to the next life, I will leave instructions for my wife to make a post on here and several other treasure sites I am fond of, so everybody can come find a cache.
Since we cannot take it with us, of course there is an exception to this, if, God forbid before the time comes I find myself broke and need cash, well I can go dig it up lol.
I'm old fashioned, I don't trust banks, and paper money is just that, worthless paper when the crap hits the fan, and it WILL, it's just a matter of when.

Mike

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny! I use pint Mason jars to store coins as well. A pint jar will hold about 4 pounds of pennies if you shake them down well. I'll have to count how many I have, but it has to be about 50 or so.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these are older pics - these are now full - no room left and need to take a more recent pic
but you get the idea
(I have stuff in other display too)
displaytable.JPG displaytable2.JPG

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice table Casper.

I've got a few choice finds in Riker boxes. I have thought about taking all the costume jewelry and other small, non-valuable stuff, and turning them into one cool decorated Christmas tree.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, about all I will admit to is about 200 pounds of pennies, with copper comprising the vast majority. I have to keep it well hidden, as folks about these parts steal copper pipe out of houses to make ends meet!

They steal copper and anything else not bolted down around here as well...

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The few choice items I/ we have found either go in a Riker case with a pretty colored felt background or if they're large nice items( like a beautiful green perfect Schenkel shell fuse we found) they stand on their own inside a china cabinet in the living room. Little odds and ends may go in the bookcase in the study.

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 861516

Those Florida beaches sure are taking care of you...:laughing7:

SCDigginWithAK

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Pro Pointer, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Display cases and shelves in a whole room and in my bedroom and off course the garage lol.

Here's one of my favorites that I made.

image-4160560260.jpg

image-395210481.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread